Connect with us

World Sports

Ronaldinho Faces Jail Again!

Published

on

Ronaldinho faces jail again!

Former Barcelona and AC Milan star Ronaldinho has been warned he could be hauled back to jail over a maintenance payment dispute with a former girlfriend.

Reports in Brazil say the 41-year-old has been ordered to settle his debt with Priscilla Coelho by December 1 to avoid the seizure of his assets and possible prison.

Priscilla’s lawyer Bruno Medrado told Brazilian newspaper Extra: ‘Right now he has to pay up.’

Officials are said to have handed Ronaldinho a court summons so he could be formally notified about the maintenance payment deadline on November 11 after several failed attempts to track him down.

The former footballer, arrested and imprisoned in Paraguay last year after flying into the country with a fake passport, is currently believed to be in Dubai.

In May 2018 Ronaldinho was forced to deny claims he was marrying Priscilla and another woman, named as Beatriz Sousa, at the same time.

He spoke out after a Brazilian newspaper said he would tie the knot with the stunning pair at a private ceremony at the upmarket Barra da Tijuca district in Rio de Janeiro where he owns a home.

Coelho is understood to have been awarded around £13,500 in maintenance a month after arbitration as the Brazil legend's 'common-law wife'

The two-time World Player of the Year said at the time: ‘It’s a huge lie. Everyone’s talking about this but it’s not true. I’m not going to get married.’

Around a year later it emerged Priscilla, said to have started dating Ronaldinho when he played for Belo Horizonte club Atletico Mineiro, was demanding money from her multi-millionaire ex.

She is understood to have been awarded around £13,500 in maintenance a month following arbitration as the retired player’s former ‘common-law wife’ in a provisional decision which can be appealed while the first payments are made.

READ ALSO:   Tokyo 2020: Samuel Takyi Receives $30,000 And A Car, Others Receive $5,000 Each From Akufo-Addo [Watch]

Ronaldinho and his brother Roberto de Assis Moreira flew back to Brazil at the end of August last year after a forced stay of nearly six months in Paraguay.

Their return to Brazil came 24 hours after they were told they would not be put on trial over a fake passport scandal when their lawyer struck a deal with state prosecutors which was rubber-stamped by a judge.

Roberto was freed with a criminal record after pleading guilty to using a false document and being given a suspended prison sentence.

The siblings were ordered to pay around £153,000 in compensation, with Ronaldinho having to pay £68,000 of the total and his brother the rest.

Ronaldinho and his brother were arrested on March 6 last year after entering Paraguay to launch an online casino and a book with doctored passports falsely showing they were naturalised Paraguayan citizens. The passports had been issued to two women before being modified.

The former footballer spent his 40th birthday in prison before he and his brother were allowed to move to the four-star Palmaroga Hotel in the Paraguayan capital as part of a house arrest deal.

His net worth has been estimated at more than £67million thanks to his career earnings and a number of high brand paying endorsement deals.

He was pictured enjoying an emotional reunion with former Barcelona team-mate Samuel Eto’o at the weekend at an event in Qatar.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com/Dailymail

World Sports

JUST IN: Manchester United Announce Ralf Rangnick As Interim Coach

Published

on

Manchester United Announce Ralf Rangnick As Interim Coach

Manchester United have appointed Ralf Rangnick as their interim manager until the end of the season, subject to work visa requirements.

The 63-year-old German takes over from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who was sacked on 21 November following a defeat by Watford.

Rangnick has left his role as head of sports and development at Russian club Lokomotiv Moscow to take up the job.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

READ ALSO:   Samuel Eto’o Announces Plans To Run For Cameroon FA Presidency
Continue Reading

Global Sports

Jorginho Earns Chelsea Draw with Man Utd After Gifting Sancho Opener

Published

on

Jorginho Earns Chelsea Draw with Man Utd After Gifting Sancho Opener

Manchester United prepared for the arrival of interim manager Ralf Rangnick by earning a battling point against Premier League leaders Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

United, under the caretaker charge of Michael Carrick with Rangnick’s appointment expected to be confirmed imminently, kept Cristiano Ronaldo on the bench and mounted a largely rearguard action until Jadon Sancho hit Chelsea on the break five minutes after half-time.

Sancho pounced on poor control from Jorginho to race clear and beat Edouard Mendy with a composed finish after the hosts had dominated possession.

Chelsea were stung into action and Jorginho made amends for his error when he equalised from the spot in the 69th minute after Aaron Wan-Bissaka fouled Thiago Silva.

United survived in relative comfort apart from a big late chance for Antonio Rudiger and will regard this as a welcome point in tough territory after a succession of Premier League horror shows led to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s sacking.

Carrick can be satisfied

Carrick went with solidity for his first Premier League team selection after United’s recent maulings by Leicester City, Liverpool, Manchester City and – finally for Solskjaer – Watford.

He bolstered midfield by utilising Fred, Scott McTominay and Nemanja Matic to hold Chelsea at bay and, while David de Gea was busy in the first half, there was never a feeling of siege as United dug deep to come away with a point.

The big call was keeping Ronaldo on the bench. He was introduced in the 64th minute with United leading 1-0, but had minimal impact and was straight off down the tunnel when the final whistle sounded.

United at least showed the determination and resilience that had so often been glaringly absent in the dying embers of Solskjaer’s reign although there was very little attacking intent or quality apart from the great composure shown by Sancho for his second successive goal.

It will do him the world of good as he seeks to establish himself following his £73m summer move from Borussia Dortmund.

As for Carrick, if this is his final game in charge before Rangnick comes to Old Trafford, he can be well satisfied with his brief stint at the helm, winning against Villarreal in the Champions League and getting a share of the spoils here against a Chelsea side who have looked increasingly formidable in recent weeks.

READ ALSO:   Zionfelix Finally Proposes To Mina Lawal After Impregnating Her And Erica At The Same Time; Video Drops

It is a platform of sorts for Rangnick to begin his work and United will hope to continue their recovery against Arsenal at Old Trafford on Thursday.

Chelsea suffer frustration

Rudiger summed up Chelsea’s disappointment as he slumped to the turf at the final whistle knowing he could have been the match-winner.

The German defender saw a thunderous shot touched on to the crossbar by De Gea in the first half, but the big opportunity came with virtually the last kick of the game. He was unmarked at the far post to meet Christian Pulisic’s cross but took the instant volley and lashed his finish high over the top.

Manager Thomas Tuchel was equally agonised as he will know Chelsea did not take advantage of their overwhelming domination in parts of a game where they had 24 attempts on goal compared to United’s three.

Chelsea’s work was too hurried as they chased the winner although they were also frustrated by a United defence without suspended captain Harry Maguire.

Timo Werner is still too wayward, sending a very presentable chance well wide in the second half, but at least they have Romelu Lukaku fit again and Pulisic looked a lively threat when he came on.

This, in some ways, resembled many of Chelsea’s performances last season when they were superior, but never made the most of that advantage. Tuchel will certainly feel his side let United off the hook.

The Blues remain top but in what looks like it will be a tight title race between Tuchel’s side, Manchester City and Liverpool, they will regard this as two points dropped.

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Global Sports

Covid-19: Over 7million Vaccines To Be Received Before The Year Ends – Kuma-Aboagye

Published

on

Covid-19: GHS To Start Immunisation Exercise For Unvaccinated Citizens On Friday

The Director-General of the Ghana Health Service has disclosed that the country is expecting to receive over 7 million Covid-19 vaccines before the year ends.

With this consignment, the total number of vaccines received in Ghana since the onset of the pandemic will be 20million. He said, it is now the responsibility of Ghanaians to get vaccinated.

“…more than 7.4 million doses which are supposed to come in between now and probably December. We may even get more than this and that will take us to about 20 million of vaccines that have come into the country before the end of the year. What is left for us is to take it,” Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye said.

Speaking at the Ministry of Information’s regular press briefings on Sunday, November 28, 2021, Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye mentioned that Ghana had more doses in stock as “we have received a significant number of inflows of vaccines” over the past four weeks.

Dr. Kuma-Aboagye reiterated that the Food and Drugs Authority has approved five vaccines for emergency use in the country.

These five vaccines are AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer, Sputnik-V, and Johnson & Johnson.

According to Dr. Kuma-Aboagye, about 12.3 million doses of various vaccines types have been received.

Out of that number, about 7.1 million have been distributed with about 5.2 million doses currently in stock.

READ ALSO:   I Wish Same For Our Ghanaian Artists - Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Burna Boy’s O2 Terrific Arena Spaceship Entrance (Video)

Whilst it may seem that the country will not achieve its target of vaccinating 20million of the population before the year ends, the GHS boss said various strategies are being adopted to ensure that this target is achieved.

He disclosed that vaccination centres are being set up at strategic places to make it more convenient for the public.

“Our strategy remains the same. One is to be strategic about where all our facilities are providing vaccination. We are also going around taking the vaccine to the people. We are also doing mobile vaccination where people will go to the lorry park and see a car parked giving a vaccination.

“We are doing a campout. There are places where you can’t go and come back the same day. The team will go there, set up a camp, stay there and vaccinate the people.

Meanwhile, Dr. Kuma-Aboagye indicated that the daily vaccination numbers are soaring.

He mentioned that “we have reached about 142,000 doses a day and that is how we are going to continue to ensure that we live up to expectation.”

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending