Connect with us

World Sports

Ernesto Valverde: Man United Eye Former Barca Coach To Become Interim Manager

Published

on

Ernesto Valverde: Man United Eye Former Barca Coach As Interim Manager

Manchester United have held initial talks with Ernesto Valverde as they continue their search for an interim manager to take charge until the end of the season.

Valverde is one of a number of potential candidates to have spoken with United, and it is understood other prominent managers are in the frame for the role.

United are conducting a thorough process to appoint an interim boss following the sacking of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last week.

The club are planning to make a permanent appointment at the end of the season and Mauricio Pochettino is their first choice.

United are also not ruling out the possibility of making a move for the Paris Saint-Germain head coach during the current campaign.

It is understood the former Tottenham boss would be interested in moving to Old Trafford, though Pochettino said on Monday he is “so happy” at PSG and will not allow United’s interest to distract him from his current role.

READ ALSO:   Man United Players Mobbed David De Gea After Saving A Penalty Since 2016 As They Beat Westham (Watch)

Pochettino joined PSG in January and is contracted to the Ligue 1 club until the summer of 2023.

Ernesto Valverde has been out of work since being sacked by Barcelona – who were top of La Liga at the time – in January 2020.

The 57-year-old won two Spanish titles and the Copa del Rey during his two-and-a-half-year spell at the Nou Camp, while he is also a three-time Greek champion from his time with Olympiakos.

Valverde has also managed Athletic Bilbao, Villarreal, Valencia and Espanyol, who he took to the UEFA Cup final in 2007.

United are also interested in Ajax head coach Erik ten Hag, who sources have said would be “100 per cent interested” in replacing Solskjaer.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com/Skysports

World Sports

Fred Hands Ralf Rangnick First Win As Man United Interim Coach

Published

on

Fred Hands Ralf Rangnick First Win As Man United Interim Coach

It was a fairytale first victory for Ralf Rangnick at Old Trafford as Manchester United snuck past a defensively compact Crystal Palace 1-0.

In a game filled with much hype and anticipation, the Red Devils were the brighter of the two sides, exploding out of the blocks with a new-look counter-pressing style in a 4-2-2-2 formation, going after their opposition high and winning possession back early.

Chances were in fairly short supply, however, as half opportunities for Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes went begging as Alex Telles hit the top of the crossbar with a fizzed free-kick just shy of midway through the second half.

United struggled in the second half to break down the organisation of the Palace defence as Patrick Vieira’s men held firm, but Rangnick had the last laugh:

READ ALSO:   "Lordina Mahama Should Return Her Allowances Paid To Date" - General Secretary Of NPP

Ralf Rangnick's impact is already benefiting some Manchester United players - Samuel Luckhurst - Manchester Evening News

Fred, a divisive name throughout the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer regime, was trusted in the engine room by the new manager, and the Brazilian curled a right-footed effort into the top corner on 77 minutes to send the home fans into raptures and devastate Vieira, who would have felt that his side’s defensive resilience had been deserving of an unlikely point.

Not quite the perfect performance, but the ideal start for the new man in the hot seat, as United march on to an enticing run of fixtures where Rangnick can really get his teeth into his new side.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 180k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com/BBC.com

Continue Reading

World Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo Reacts To Ballon d’Or Lies After Missing The Event

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo Reacts To Ballon d’Or Lies After Missing The Event

Cristiano Ronaldo has released a pointed statement towards Pascal Ferre, the editor-in-chief at France Football magazine, who claimed the Manchester United striker’s only ambition is to end his career with more Ballon d’Or trophies than Lionel Messi, something the Portuguese star has vehemently denied.

Ferre was branded unacceptable by Cristiano, who also claimed the France Football chief was lying in the statements he made, in order to profit from Ronaldo’s name.

Ferre told the New York Times: “Ronaldo has only one ambition, and that is to retire with more Ballon d’Ors than Messi…. And I know that because he has told me.”

Incidentally, Ronaldo was absent from Monday evening’s Ballon d’Or ceremony with the award organised by France Football.

Ronaldo’s statement:

Today’s outcome explains Pascal Ferré’s statements last week, when he stated that I confided in him that my only ambition was to finish my career with more Golden Balls than Lionel Messi. Pascal Ferre lied, he used my name to promote himself and to promote the publication he works for.

It is unacceptable that the person responsible for awarding such a prestigious prize could lie in this way, in absolute disrespect for someone who has always respected France Football and the Ballon d’Or. And he lied again today, justifying my absence from the Gala with an alleged quarantine that has no reason to exist. I always want to congratulate those who win, within the sportsmanship and fair-play that have guided my career since the beginning, and I do it because I’m never against anyone.

READ ALSO:   Hearts of Oak Receives GHS 330,000 For Winning Double Last Season From GFA

I always win for myself and for the clubs I represent, I win for myself and for those who love me. I don’t win against anyone. The biggest ambition of my career is to win national and international titles for the clubs I represent and for the national team in my country.

The biggest ambition of my career is to be a good example for all those who are or want to be professional footballers. The biggest ambition of my career is to leave my name written in golden letters in the history of world football.

I will end by saying that my focus is already on Manchester United’s next game and on everything that, together with my teammates and our fans, we can still achieve this season. The rest? The rest is just the rest.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Global Sports

Tiger Woods Announces His Retirement As A Full-Time Golfer

Published

on

Tiger Woods Announces His Time Retirement As A Full-Time Golfer

It’s sad to know that it’s truly the end of an iconic era, as golf legend Tiger Woods has just revealed a heartbreaking announcement that his fans are likely to take pretty hard.

During a recent interview, Tiger Woods officially confirmed that his days as a full-time golfer are now a thing of the past due to the severe injuries he sustained in a car accident earlier this year.

@CNN reports, Tiger Woods recently gave an in-depth interview with ‘Golf Digest’ where he spoke publicly about his Febrile car accident——and revealed that his golfing future is practically a thing of the past. Speaking about his decision to no longer golf full-time, Tiger said “I think something that is realistic is playing the tour one day, never full time, ever again, but pick and choose.”

He continued, adding “Pick and choose a few events a year and you play around that. You practice around that, and you gear yourself up for that. And you play. I think that’s how I’m going to have to play it from now on. It’s an unfortunate reality, but it’s my reality. And I understand it, and I accept it.”

READ ALSO:   CAF Women’s Champions League: Hasaacas Ladies Qualify For Semi-Finals After Outclassing AS Mande

Speaking about the extreme physical toll his car accident had on his body, Tiger Woods also explained the multiple surgeries he has endured this year——and that he still has a long road to full recovery.  “I have so far to go. … I’m not even at the halfway point. I have so much more muscle development and nerve development that I have to do in my leg. At the same time, as you know, I’ve had five back operations. So as the leg gets stronger, sometimes the back may act up. … It’s a tough road.”

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending