Connect with us

Global Sports

Sergio Ramos Joins PSG After ‘Painful Exit’ From Real Madrid (Video)

Published

on

Sergio Ramos has signed for Paris Saint-Germain on a two-year deal after leaving Real Madrid as a free agent.

Ramos left Real Madrid upon the expiry of his contract in June after 16 years at the club, during which he won four Champions League crowns, five La Liga titles and four Club World Cups.

READ ALSO: Transfer Rumours: Manchester United ‘Set To Offer £50million For Raphael Varane And £25million For Eduardo Camavinga’

“I am very happy to join Paris Saint-Germain,” Ramos said. “This is a big change in my life, a new challenge and it’s a day I will never forget.

“I am very proud to be a part of this ambitious project, to be a part of this squad with so many great players. Paris Saint-Germain is a club that has already proved itself at the highest level. I want to continue to grow and improve at Paris and help the team to win as many trophies as possible.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Paris Saint-Germain (@psg)

The 2010 World Cup winner bid farewell to Real in an emotional press conference and claimed that he wanted to stay, but the club decided to withdraw a one-year contract offer by claiming it had expired.

Ramos said he was offered a new deal with a 10 per cent reduction to his previous salary but was holding out for a two-year deal “so my family could have continuity and tranquillity”.

READ ALSO: CONFIRMED: Manchester United Announces Jadon Sancho Signing From Dortmund

The 35-year-old struggled with muscle injuries and a knee problem that required surgery, meaning he only played once since March – the 2-0 Champions League semi-final second-leg defeat to Chelsea on May 5.

It also meant he missed out on Spain’s squad for Euro 2020 as manager Luis Enrique opted to select no Real players in his squad at a major tournament for the first time in the country’s history.

Sergio Ramos broke down in tears during an emotional farewell, following the confirmation he will leave Real Madrid after 16 years at the Spanish giants.

Source: GhanaArticles.com

READ ALSO:   Ter Stegen Reveal Barca Renewal Has Been Put On Hold During Coronavirus Pandemic
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Global Sports

Tiger Woods Announces His Retirement As A Full-Time Golfer

Published

on

Tiger Woods Announces His Time Retirement As A Full-Time Golfer

It’s sad to know that it’s truly the end of an iconic era, as golf legend Tiger Woods has just revealed a heartbreaking announcement that his fans are likely to take pretty hard.

During a recent interview, Tiger Woods officially confirmed that his days as a full-time golfer are now a thing of the past due to the severe injuries he sustained in a car accident earlier this year.

@CNN reports, Tiger Woods recently gave an in-depth interview with ‘Golf Digest’ where he spoke publicly about his Febrile car accident——and revealed that his golfing future is practically a thing of the past. Speaking about his decision to no longer golf full-time, Tiger said “I think something that is realistic is playing the tour one day, never full time, ever again, but pick and choose.”

He continued, adding “Pick and choose a few events a year and you play around that. You practice around that, and you gear yourself up for that. And you play. I think that’s how I’m going to have to play it from now on. It’s an unfortunate reality, but it’s my reality. And I understand it, and I accept it.”

READ ALSO:   Kennedy Agyapong 61st Birthday: Family Celebrates Birthday In Plush Style In The UAE[Video]

Speaking about the extreme physical toll his car accident had on his body, Tiger Woods also explained the multiple surgeries he has endured this year——and that he still has a long road to full recovery.  “I have so far to go. … I’m not even at the halfway point. I have so much more muscle development and nerve development that I have to do in my leg. At the same time, as you know, I’ve had five back operations. So as the leg gets stronger, sometimes the back may act up. … It’s a tough road.”

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Global Sports

Jorginho Earns Chelsea Draw with Man Utd After Gifting Sancho Opener

Published

on

Jorginho Earns Chelsea Draw with Man Utd After Gifting Sancho Opener

Manchester United prepared for the arrival of interim manager Ralf Rangnick by earning a battling point against Premier League leaders Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

United, under the caretaker charge of Michael Carrick with Rangnick’s appointment expected to be confirmed imminently, kept Cristiano Ronaldo on the bench and mounted a largely rearguard action until Jadon Sancho hit Chelsea on the break five minutes after half-time.

Sancho pounced on poor control from Jorginho to race clear and beat Edouard Mendy with a composed finish after the hosts had dominated possession.

Chelsea were stung into action and Jorginho made amends for his error when he equalised from the spot in the 69th minute after Aaron Wan-Bissaka fouled Thiago Silva.

United survived in relative comfort apart from a big late chance for Antonio Rudiger and will regard this as a welcome point in tough territory after a succession of Premier League horror shows led to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s sacking.

Carrick can be satisfied

Carrick went with solidity for his first Premier League team selection after United’s recent maulings by Leicester City, Liverpool, Manchester City and – finally for Solskjaer – Watford.

He bolstered midfield by utilising Fred, Scott McTominay and Nemanja Matic to hold Chelsea at bay and, while David de Gea was busy in the first half, there was never a feeling of siege as United dug deep to come away with a point.

The big call was keeping Ronaldo on the bench. He was introduced in the 64th minute with United leading 1-0, but had minimal impact and was straight off down the tunnel when the final whistle sounded.

United at least showed the determination and resilience that had so often been glaringly absent in the dying embers of Solskjaer’s reign although there was very little attacking intent or quality apart from the great composure shown by Sancho for his second successive goal.

It will do him the world of good as he seeks to establish himself following his £73m summer move from Borussia Dortmund.

As for Carrick, if this is his final game in charge before Rangnick comes to Old Trafford, he can be well satisfied with his brief stint at the helm, winning against Villarreal in the Champions League and getting a share of the spoils here against a Chelsea side who have looked increasingly formidable in recent weeks.

READ ALSO:   Husband Of Celestine Donkor Opens Up About Marriage, Says It Hasn't Been 'rosy'

It is a platform of sorts for Rangnick to begin his work and United will hope to continue their recovery against Arsenal at Old Trafford on Thursday.

Chelsea suffer frustration

Rudiger summed up Chelsea’s disappointment as he slumped to the turf at the final whistle knowing he could have been the match-winner.

The German defender saw a thunderous shot touched on to the crossbar by De Gea in the first half, but the big opportunity came with virtually the last kick of the game. He was unmarked at the far post to meet Christian Pulisic’s cross but took the instant volley and lashed his finish high over the top.

Manager Thomas Tuchel was equally agonised as he will know Chelsea did not take advantage of their overwhelming domination in parts of a game where they had 24 attempts on goal compared to United’s three.

Chelsea’s work was too hurried as they chased the winner although they were also frustrated by a United defence without suspended captain Harry Maguire.

Timo Werner is still too wayward, sending a very presentable chance well wide in the second half, but at least they have Romelu Lukaku fit again and Pulisic looked a lively threat when he came on.

This, in some ways, resembled many of Chelsea’s performances last season when they were superior, but never made the most of that advantage. Tuchel will certainly feel his side let United off the hook.

The Blues remain top but in what looks like it will be a tight title race between Tuchel’s side, Manchester City and Liverpool, they will regard this as two points dropped.

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Global Sports

Covid-19: Over 7million Vaccines To Be Received Before The Year Ends – Kuma-Aboagye

Published

on

Covid-19: GHS To Start Immunisation Exercise For Unvaccinated Citizens On Friday

The Director-General of the Ghana Health Service has disclosed that the country is expecting to receive over 7 million Covid-19 vaccines before the year ends.

With this consignment, the total number of vaccines received in Ghana since the onset of the pandemic will be 20million. He said, it is now the responsibility of Ghanaians to get vaccinated.

“…more than 7.4 million doses which are supposed to come in between now and probably December. We may even get more than this and that will take us to about 20 million of vaccines that have come into the country before the end of the year. What is left for us is to take it,” Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye said.

Speaking at the Ministry of Information’s regular press briefings on Sunday, November 28, 2021, Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye mentioned that Ghana had more doses in stock as “we have received a significant number of inflows of vaccines” over the past four weeks.

Dr. Kuma-Aboagye reiterated that the Food and Drugs Authority has approved five vaccines for emergency use in the country.

These five vaccines are AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer, Sputnik-V, and Johnson & Johnson.

According to Dr. Kuma-Aboagye, about 12.3 million doses of various vaccines types have been received.

Out of that number, about 7.1 million have been distributed with about 5.2 million doses currently in stock.

READ ALSO:   Husband Of Celestine Donkor Opens Up About Marriage, Says It Hasn't Been 'rosy'

Whilst it may seem that the country will not achieve its target of vaccinating 20million of the population before the year ends, the GHS boss said various strategies are being adopted to ensure that this target is achieved.

He disclosed that vaccination centres are being set up at strategic places to make it more convenient for the public.

“Our strategy remains the same. One is to be strategic about where all our facilities are providing vaccination. We are also going around taking the vaccine to the people. We are also doing mobile vaccination where people will go to the lorry park and see a car parked giving a vaccination.

“We are doing a campout. There are places where you can’t go and come back the same day. The team will go there, set up a camp, stay there and vaccinate the people.

Meanwhile, Dr. Kuma-Aboagye indicated that the daily vaccination numbers are soaring.

He mentioned that “we have reached about 142,000 doses a day and that is how we are going to continue to ensure that we live up to expectation.”

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending