Ghana Premier League champions, Accra Hearts of Oak have received a full merit payments from the Ghana Football Association (GFA) in a total sum of GHS 330,000 for winning double last season.
The GFA made full merit payments to the various winners of its sanctioned competitions in the 2020/2021 football season.
The FA stated this on Wednesday via their official website. The biggest winners from this are Accra Hearts of Oak who got a total of GHS 330, 000 in payments.
In a report filed by Citisportsonline.com sighted by GhArticles.com, Hearts of Oak received GHS 250, 000 for winning the league and another GHS 80, 000 for winning the FA Cup.
Their rivals, Asante Kotoko received GHS 150, 000 for finishing second while WAFA pocketed GHS 80, 000.
Hasaacas Ladies received GHS 50,000 for winning the Women’s Premier League and another GHS 10,000 for winning the Women’s FA Cup.
The three newly-promoted teams into the coming Ghana Premier League season- RTU (from Zone 1), Accra Lions (from 3) and Bibiani Gold Stars (from Zone 2) received GHS 50,000 each for winning their respective zones.
Below are the details from the Ghana FA:
- Ghana Premier League Winner – Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Ghana Cedis (GHc250,000)
- Ghana Premier League 1st Runner Up – One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Ghana Cedis (GHc150,000)
- Ghana Premier League 2nd Runner Up – Eighty Thousand Ghana Cedis (GHc80,000)
MTN FA Cup:
- Winner – Eighty Thousand Ghana Cedis (GHc80,000)
- Runner up – Thirty Thousand Ghana Cedis (GHc30,000)
We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles