Connect with us

World News

Australian PM Approves Use Of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine

Published

on

Australian PM Approves Use Of Moderna COVID Vaccine

The Australian government has announced that Moderna will become the third COVID-19 vaccine to be rolled out in the country next month.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Monday that the Australian vaccine regulator, the Therapeutic Goods Administration, approved Moderna for use by adults 18 years and older.

The first million doses will arrive in late September and will be part of a total of 10 million Moderna shots scheduled to be delivered to Australia by the end of this year, Morrison said.

The head of the Therapeutic Goods Administration, John Skerritt, told reporters that Moderna was “highly efficacious”.

Moderna

Australia has a shortage of the Pfizer vaccine and a glut of locally manufactured AstraZeneca jabs, which many are refusing to take because of the slight risk of blood clotting.

Only 22 percent of adults among an Australian population of 26 million had been fully vaccinated by Monday.

READ ALSO:   Ex-President Jacob Zuma Rushed To Hospital

The government expects to have provided a vaccine to every Australian adult who wants one by the end of the year.

Cases on the rise

On Saturday, Australia reported a record daily number of new coronavirus cases for the year with the highly infectious Delta variant continuing to spread through the country’s most populous states of New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.

With about 15 million people in the three states, or 60 percent of Australia’s population, under a strict lockdown, the country also reported five coronavirus-related deaths on Saturday, one of the highest tolls this year.

With a total of just over 36,000 COVID-19 cases and 937 deaths, Australia has avoided the high caseloads other developed countries had, but its vaccination figures are among the lowest, with only 20 percent of people aged over 16 fully vaccinated.

Source: GhArticles.com/Aljazeera.com

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World News

SHOCKING: 18 Out Of 20 Gorillas Contract COVID-19 At The Atlanta Zoo

Published

on

SHOCKING: 18 Out Of 20 Gorillas Contract COVID-19 At The Atlanta Zoo

According to reports, officials in the State have confirmed that 18 of 20 gorillas at the Atlanta zoo have contracted COVID-19.

This comes a few days after employees reported their first case. Many gorillas had runny noses and were coughing with an appetite change.

Zoo officials let it be known that no evidence suggests animals can transmit the virus to humans despite humans being able to transmit it to gorillas. “While humans are known to be able to transmit the virus to animals such as gorillas, and these cases have occurred at other zoos, there is currently no data to suggest that zoo animals can transmit the virus to humans.”

Officials continued, “Regardless, Zoo Atlanta visitors do not pose a transmission threat to the gorillas or vice versa given the distance between the areas used by guests and the animals’ habitats,”.

Sam Rivera, senior director of the Atlanta Zoo, stated there was concern because there is a strict protocol around COVID-19, but the gorillas were still affected.

READ ALSO:   Anglican Priest 'Sacked' For Kissing Female Students

“The infections occurred in an area of the Zoo where COVID safety protocols are already at their most stringent,” Rivera said. “The use of PPE when working with great apes was already a standard practice at Zoo Atlanta due to their susceptibility to many of the same illnesses experienced by humans, including the common cold and influenza.”

At this time, the Atlanta Zoo is “using monoclonal antibodies to treat the gorillas at risk of developing complications from the virus,”.

What do you think about this?

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 150k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

 

 

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

World News

JUST IN: Dr. David Yonggi Cho Dies At Age 85

Published

on

JUST IN: Dr. David Yonggi Cho Dies At Age 85

The founder of the world’s largest megachurch, Pastor David Yonggi Cho is dead.

Yonggi Cho, who also known as Paul Yungi Cho, died in the early hours of Tuesday at age 85.

The popular cleric before his death was the founder of Yoido Full Gospel Church in Seoul, South Korea which has spread the gospel across the country.

According to CBN News, the cleric before his death had been receiving medical treatment for a brain hemorrhage he suffered from in 2020.

The founder of City Harvest Church, Kong Hee on Tuesday confirmed the death of David Yonggi Cho in a post on his Facebook account.

He wrote,  “At 7:13 am this morning, my pastor and spiritual father, Dr David Yonggi Cho (1936-2021), just went home to the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ. I love you, Dr Cho.”

Yonggi Cho was born in 1936 to a Buddhist family and lived through the Korean War.

The cleric accepted Christ at 17 when doctors told him he would die from a serious case of tuberculosis. Cho credits God for his “miraculous” recovery from the disease.

READ ALSO:   My Mum Has Slept With Almost All The Men In Our Area - 19-year-old Boy Cries For Help (VIDEO)

Yonggi Cho

Yonggi Cho started a church in Seoul two years after he graduated from Full Gospel College in 1956 which later turned into Yoido Full Gospel Church.

Yoido Full Gospel Church grew into one of the most popular megachurches in the world and boasts more than 750,000 members.

He has more than 500 church locations across South Korea and has sent thousands of missionaries to countries around the globe.

Clerics and notable personnel across the world have taken to their social media platforms to react to the development.

Cho’s wife died in February this year. They are survived by their three sons.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 160k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

World News

Man Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison For Spreading Covid-19 In Vietnam

Published

on

Man arrested for killing children

A Vietnamese man has been sentenced to jail for five years for flouting Covid-19 rules and spreading the virus.

A court found Le Van Tri guilty of “transmitting dangerous infectious diseases” to eight people, one of whom eventually died.

Until recently Vietnam had been largely successful in keeping Covid out with tight restrictions.

But infections have surged since June, with an outbreak fuelled by the more contagious Delta variant.

The country has seen more than 530,000 cases with more than 13,300 deaths, many of which have occurred the last few months.

Many of those cases have been found in the capital Ho Chi Minh City.

In early July, Tri, 28, had reportedly travelled by motorcycle from Ho Chi Minh City to his home province Ca Mau in the south of the country.

READ ALSO:   Ex-President Jacob Zuma Rushed To Hospital

At Ca Mau, Tri was found to have lied on a health declaration form which asked about his recent travel history, and also failed to comply with isolation rules.

Local authorities at the time had made it mandatory that anyone travelling from other provinces into Ca Mau had to immediately isolate themselves for 21 days.

Tri later tested positive for Covid, and was found to have transmitted the virus to members of his family as well as staff at a welfare centre which he visited.

Tri was sentenced to jail at the end of a one-day trial, and was also fined the equivalent of $880 (£630).

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 150k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

 

 

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending