Connect with us

Gh News

18 people including 2-year-old burnt in ghastly accident on Accra-Takoradi road [Video]

Published

on

18 people including 2-year-old burnt in ghastly accident on Accra-Takoradi road [Video]

Eighteen people have reportedly been burnt to death in an accident at Asem Asa, a community at Tarkwa on the Accra-Takoradi Highway.

The accident, according to an eye witness, David Agyekum, occurred Tuesday around 12:00pm.

The accident involved a tipper truck and a Ford bus loaded with Chinese Nationals and Ghanaian driver from Tarkwa with a registration number GW 5628-21.

The occupants on board the Ford 15, including a two-year-old child, were burnt to death beyond recognition.

The witness told Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen show that the tipper truck, which was transporting stones, collided with the Ford bus which was travelling from Tarkwa to Accra.

THIS IS TRENDING:   BREAKING: Ghana Police Arrest Seven Suspects In Connection With Nima Chaos (Watch)

He narrated the tipper truck driver was driving recklessly and at top speed, hence, the Ford sparked fire shortly after the collision killing the occupants on the spot.

“The driver of the tipper truck was on top speed and there are curves on the road and so he collided with the bus and killed the 16 people including a two-year-old child burning them to death. The driver of the tipper truck and his mate were also burnt in the truck,” he narrated.

THIS IS TRENDING:   NPP Suspends Regional Communicator For Campaigning For Alan Kyerematen

Fire service personnel and the police, he noted, were at the scene to help douse the fire and direct traffic on the stretch.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by TV3 Ghana (@tv3_ghana)

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 190k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

 

Gh News

Marwako Food Poisoning: Authority Has No Mandate To Demand Compensation For Victims – FDA

Published

on

Marwako Food Poisoning: Authority Has No Mandate To Demand Compensation For Victims - FDA

Food and Drugs Authority (FDA)’s Director of Legal says they cannot demand compensation for victims of the alleged food poisoning at Marwako’s East Legon branch.

Joseph Bennie said the Authority has no mandate to pressure for amends in cash from the eatery to the affected persons.

In an interview with YEN.com.gh, monitored by GhArticles.com, Bennie said the FDA can carry out sanctions in the form of ”a ban, fine, caution, or prosecution” in such cases.

The Acting Director’s comments come amid widespread reports of food poisoning at Marwako’s East Legon branch on social media, leading to the closure of the restaurant.

He said the closure of the eatery was to prevent an escalation of reported cases of food poisoning.

THIS IS TRENDING:   Government Expected To Borrow Up To ¢3.78bn In First Quarter Of 2022

Speaking on the investigations, Joseph Bennie said the FDA is yet to establish the cause of the food poisoning. ”Investigations will conclude in not less than a week or more,” he told YEN.comgh, sighted by GhArticles.com.

As previously reported that the management of Marwako has appealed to the FDA to open other branches closed down following complaints of food poisoning at its East Legon branch.

PRO for Marwako Fast Food Ltd, Mohammed Amin Lamptey, said while the popular food business accepts the decision of the FDA, the industry regulator, it is only fair for the affected branch to be shut down.

THIS IS TRENDING:   JUST IN: Ghana Records Two New Cases Of Omicron COVID-19 Variant

”The FDA shut down of our branches is quite unfortunate and it is really something that is going to create another problem for Mawako Fast Foods Limited. In as much as we all know that it is an isolated case…we thought that the FDA will focus on the East Legon branch,” Lamptey told reporters on Thursday, May 12, 2022.

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 201k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Gh News

Reduce 1.5% E-levy Rate — ISSER To Gov’t

Published

on

E-levy Proceeds Will Create Jobs For Over 11 Million People - Ofori-Atta

The Institute of Statistical Social and Economic Research (ISSER) wants the government to reduce the rate of the controversial electronic transfer levy.

According to ISSER, the government must consider a downward adjustment between 0.5% and 0.75% adding that the 1.5% on all electronic transfers is punitive.

The Director of the institute, Professor Peter Quartey, speaking on the topic: “Harnessing stakeholder engagement and feedback for research impact” at the 2022 ISSER Road Show at the University of Education, Winneba (UEW) said with the current 1.5% rate, the government’s goal of mobilizing about GH¢4.1 billion would be missed as more people would avoid using the platform but instead use alternative methods to avoid paying the tax.

THIS IS TRENDING:   Captain Smart Charged With Extortion After Demanding Gh100k From Businessman

He stated that “The 1.5% E-transaction levy rate is punitive and should be revised downwards to between 0.5% and 0.75% to allow more people to use the service and avoid eroding the gains made in digital financial inclusion.”

The E-levy was introduced by the government in the 2022 Budget for basic transactions related to digital payments and electronic platform transactions.

The levy has sparked controversy because of its impact on mobile money transactions and the impoverished Ghanaians that use it.

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 201k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Gh News

Heavy Downpour Leaves Some Parts Of Accra Flooded Again

Published

on

Heavy Downpour Leaves Some Parts Of Accra Flooded Again

Some parts of Accra got flooded Saturday morning following a brief downpour.

Areas such as Kaneshie First Light, Abbosey Okai and Adabraka Sahara, Dansoman, and Odorkor were affected by the floods.

The situation resulted in heavy vehicular traffic in different parts of Accra.

Motorists were left with no choice but to abandon their vehicles after their cars and motorbikes got choked in the floods.

Ghanaians have as usual expressed their anger and lamented at how a little rainfall causes floods.

Some Ghanaians who were affected by the floods quickly took to social media to lament the situation.

The video below shows the floods on the main Kaneshie highway in front of the market.

Watch the video below:

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 201k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

THIS IS TRENDING:   Roads Minister’s Directive On Road Tolls An empty Boast – Alban Bagbin

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending