Connect with us

News

‘You Will Suffer Before You Die. God Will Punish You For What You Have Done To Ghanaians’ – Twitter Users Rain Curses On EC Boss, Jean Mensa After She Tweeted To Thank Ghanaians Over 2020 Elections

Published

on

Mrs Jean Mensa, Chairperson of the Electoral Commission of Ghana, has expressed her profound gratitude to Ghanaians for their immerse support before, during and after the 2020 general elections.

In a tweet sighted by Ghanaarticles.com, Jean Mensa said through the support of Ghanaians she was able to conduct a free, fair, transparent, peaceful and credible elections.

https://twitter.com/AdukweiMensa/status/1376633084817371146?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1376633084817371146%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mintah.net%2Fwp-admin%2Fpost.php%3Fpost%3D5625action%3Dedit

The EC boss declared incumbent President Nana Akufo-Addo as the winner of the 2020 presidential elections.

According to the results released by EC, President Nana Akufo-Addo had 51.302% of the votes cast against John Mahama’s 47.359%.

However, Mr Mahama rejected the elections results and petitioned the Supreme Court to overturn it and call for a re-run of the election.

After 17 days of hearing, the Supreme Court dismissed John Mahama’s petition and certified Akufo-Addo’s victory.

Jean Mensa’s appreciation tweet has sparked a lot reactions from Ghanaians on twitter, as some rain curses on her but some were happy for her.

Read some of the tweets below

@Myloveforndc said: So you think you just tweeted something good. You will suffer before you die. God will punish you for what you have done to Ghanaians

@MaxwellDapaah2 said: God richly bless you madam beautiful for conducting a very transparent elections. You have proven that some women are tough

@LivingDeBird said: This is one of the reasons why I say that Jesus Christ will come but every one of us would be caught. None of us would see the beautiful kingdom. What is the fairness, transparent and credible in your work as EC boss so far?

@Sweetnesslove13 said: I wonder and somebody will use God bless you on support of a liar, don’t we fear God. We are not clean but we must learn to use God’s name in a justice situation, not for stolen verdicts.

@cosjigzz said: Jesus entered the Witness box against the Pharisees and scribes, Job entered the Witness box against the devil, even Afari Gyan entered the Witness box against the mother Serpent of corruption, those who seek fairness don’t run away from the Witness box

@AtoBoston said: Jean, if you truly believe the December 7 elections were free, fair, peaceful, and credible then you are giving hypocrites a bad name. Crucially don’t use God’s name in vain.

READ ALSO:   God Has Chosen John Mahama To Rule For Second Term-Sammy Gyamfi

Source: Ghanaarticles.com

Advertisement

World News

YouTube Star Adalia Rose Passes Away At The Age Of 15

Published

on

YouTube Star Adalia Rose Passes Away At The Age Of 15

Adalia’s family revealed her passing to her millions of fans on Instagram and Facebook in a touching statement.

“January 12,2022 at 7pm Adalia Rose Williams was set free from this world,” the statement read. “She came into it quietly and she left quietly, but her life was far from it. She touched MILLIONS of people and left the biggest imprint on everyone that knew her. She is no longer in pain and is now dancing away to all the music she loves.”

Adalia Rose amassed more than 15 million followers on social media as she documented her journey with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome–a rare genetic disorder that causes children to age eight years for very year they are alive. Diagnosed with the disorder at only 3 months old, Adalia experienced symptoms like delayed development and alopecia.

READ ALSO:   Ghanaians Shocked as Video of Kennedy Agyapong Being Silenced By Alban Bagbin in Parliament Goes Viral

Despite living with progeria, Adalia found joy in sharing videos about makeup tips, fun times with her family members, and showcasing her great personality.

Many fans and stars, including designer Michael Costello, sent their condolences to Adalia’s family, sharing sweet messages about the impact she had on this world.

“My heart is broken. I received a message at 7pm last night, Adalia Rose Williams was called home to God. I am at a loss for words and cannot stop crying,” Costello, who previously designed a gown for Adalia, said on Instagram. “She was an angel. Despite the card she was dealt with, she had the most positive attitude and such big dreams of helping everyone around her.”

Adalia’s family has not revealed her cause of death at this time. Continue to keep her loved ones in your prayers.

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 180k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Ghana News Articles

45-year-old Lynched For Shooting 5 Persons In Tamale

Published

on

45-year-old Lynched For Shooting 5 Persons In Tamale
Musah Yussif, 45, has been lynched for sporadically shooting five persons at ‘Agric’, a suburb of Tamale.

Mr. Yussif is said to have gone to a funeral ceremony to attack one Kambo Naa. In the process, he rather shot bystanders and injured five of them.

Northern Regional Crime Officer, Superintendent Bernard Baba Ananga in an interview  with JoyNews monitored  by GhArticles.com said some of the victims are in critical condition on admission at the Tamale Teaching Hospital. The remaining two have been treated and discharged.

According Superintendent Ananga, the Police received a distress call that someone came to the funeral grounds with a gun and disturbed public peace.

He said a team of officers were dispatched to the scene where they reported that one person was found lying in a pool of blood. Their suspicion was that the person was lynched.

READ ALSO:   Tonto Dikeh Praises Afia Schwarzenegger For Breaking Up Her Son's Relationship With Girlfriend

Superintendent Ananga added that a team of investigators who also visited the scene reported that the deceased was lynched.

According to the crime officer, the Police have invited one Kambo Naa for questioning, while investigations are underway.

He said initial investigations showed that Kambo Naa seems to have had a problem with the deceased, hence his being invited by the Police to assist in investigations.

Superintendent Ananga said details of the investigations would be made public in due course.

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 180k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Ghana News Articles

Notable Ghanaians Declare Feb. 8 ‘No Calls Day’ To Protest SIM Card Re-Registration

Published

on

Notable Ghanaians Declare Feb. 8 ‘No Calls Day’ To Protest SIM Card Re-Registration
A group of notable Ghanaian personalities who have identified themselves as Concerned Mobile Network Subscribers have served notice of boycotting the ongoing SIM card re-registration exercise.

According to them, they are ready to risk losing their SIM cards; hence, have set aside Tuesday, February 8, to embark on a nationwide protest dubbed ‘No Calls Day’.

They added, “any attempt to impose this [SIM card re-registration] on subscribers or block their lines would amount to an infringement on their property rights.”

“On that day, we call on all Ghanaians not to make or receive phone calls as a way of registering our disquiet about the circus surrounding the SIM card re-registration exercise,” they announced in a release dated January 13, 2022.

The group includes a former Kumbungu Member of Parliament, Ras Mubarak; Dean of UG’s School of Law, Prof. Raymond Atuguba; President and Vice President of IMANI-Africa – Franklin Cudjoe and Kofi Bentil; Private Legal Practitioner, Samson Lardi Anyenini, and Investigative Journalist, Manasseh Azure Awuni.

“The ‘No Calls Day’ boycott on 8th February would be the first in a series of national boycotts to protest the current inhumane process of re-registration of SIM cards.”

“There is no law in Ghana that requires Ghanaian mobile network subscribers to “re-register” their SIM cards,” they argued.

Below are their demands:

READ ALSO:   Checkout Hot Photos of 16-year Old South African Girl With Curves of an Adult
  • The National Communication Authority (NCA) should immediately withdraw its directive for mobile network customers to re-register their SIM cards by 31st March 2022.
  • When the appropriate legal framework is in place, a re-registration exercise can be done without having subscribers spend productive hours and several days in long queues in the midst of a ravaging Covid-19 pandemic.
  • There’s understandably a need to eliminate crime. But the fight against criminals must be within the law.
  • We therefore demand that the NCA and Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) must come up with a better and innovative way of re-registering the SIM cards by first amending existing law; and secondly to do so without the current inhumane re-registration process we are witnessing.

They stressed that “if the NCA and the MNOs fail to heed these demands, we shall, starting Tuesday, 8th February, 2022, begin the first of a series of planned boycotts until the rights of customers to be treated with dignity, are respected.”

Other members who signed the release are Kofi Kakraba Pratt, Dr. Kwesi Owusu, James Afedo, Selorm Branttie, Francis Kofi Korankye-Sakyi, Akyaaba Addai-Sebo, Kwame Mfodwo and Michael Ofori-Akuffo.

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 180k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending