Connect with us

Ghana News Articles

UTAG Declares Nation Wide Strike

Published

on

UTAG on national strike

The National Executive Committee (NEC) of the University Teachers Association of Ghana (UTAG), has directed members to withdraw all teaching and related activities on campus beginning Monday, August 2, this year.

 

Members of the association are to lay down their tools and stay off teaching, examinations and invigilation, marking of examination scripts and processing of results until further notice.

 

A statement issued by the NEC, and jointly signed by Professor Charles Marfo, the UTAG National President, and Dr Eric K. K. Abavare, the National Secretary, said members on the various campuses ought to comply with this directive.

 

The decision to embark on an industrial strike, according to the NEC, was borne out of the government’s refusal to heed to calls by the association to improve the worsening conditions of service of the university teachers.

It said the association was not happy at the way the authorities had been dragging their feet on negotiations concerning the welfare of the teachers.

“Specifically, negotiation of our conditions of service which was started some two years ago, had overly been delayed with no end in sight,” Prof. Marfo told the Ghana News Agency (GNA), in a recent interview in Kumasi.

READ ALSO:   Savage Reply Alert!! Reggie Rockstone Slaps Fan Hard

He said the UTAG was carrying out its threats to demonstrate to government the seriousness attached to the members’ demand for the right thing to be done.

According to the NEC, the attitude of the representatives of government in the series of meetings held over the week suggested that the university teachers were being taken for granted.

“We have no option than to resort to an indefinite strike,” the UTAG National President noted.

Meanwhile, some UTAG members at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), in an interaction with the GNA on Saturday, decried what they termed as the lukewarm attitude on the part of the government to address their grievances.

They bemoaned how the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Employment and Labour Relations had failed to come out clear on the government’s stance in meeting the demands of the university teachers.

The UTAG members, therefore, described as a step in the right direction the NEC’s directive, saying they were committed to the instructions given.

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 150k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

 

Source: GhArticles.com

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Ghana News Articles

Female Police Officer Shot To Death At Bawku

Published

on

Const. Regina Angenu was a victim of gun violence in Bawku.

A Police officer has been shot dead amidst the resurgence of violence in Bawku, in the Upper East Region.

According to the Police, Constable Regina Angenu, who was with the Paga Police Station on Sunday, paid a visit to her colleague, Constable Erasmus Enkson of the Bawku Division.

However, the duo was attacked around 5:07 pm by unknown assailants.

The deceased was shot in the groin and died at Presbyterian Mission Hospital while undergoing treatment.

The body has been sent to Bolgatanga Regional Hospital for preservation and autopsy.

Meanwhile, sources have disclosed that eight people sustained various degrees of injuries during the tension and were rushed to the Presbyterian Mission Hospital.

READ ALSO:   #FixTheCountry: Conveyor's Indicate That Protest Will Proceed To Other Regions

Following gunshots in the early hours of Monday, December 27, 2021, which resulted in the loss of lives and the destruction of properties in the township, insecurity has become a significant concern in Bawku.

Thirteen persons were subsequently arrested and airlifted to Accra following the violence.

Since then, government, through the Interior Ministry, has implemented various curfews to reduce the tension.

Also, the Upper East Regional Security Council (REGSEC) has banned the riding of motorbikes in the Bawku Municipality.

The incident also resulted in heavy security deployment to communities within the municipality.

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 190k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Ghana News Articles

Bogoso Explosion: WHO Donates Trauma Kits To Victims

Published

on

Bogoso Explosion: WHO Donates Trauma Kits To Victims
The Country Office of the World Health Organization (WHO), has presented assorted medical supplies and trauma kits to the Western Regional Directorate of the Ghana Health Service to support with the management of the Apeatse disaster.

The medical supplies included 80 rolls of cotton wool, 452 pieces of gauze bandage, 160 packs of plaster, pleural drainage Systems and, 400 closed wound suction units.

The rest are sutures, surgical drainage, and plaster casting.

Dr. Rafiq Okine, on behalf of the Country Representative of the WHO said, the much-needed medical supplies were to support the management of all forms of injuries, including surgical operations for affected Apeastse victims receiving treatment in the various hospitals in the Region.

He said, “I also wish to extend our deepest condolences to the families who lost their loved ones in the last Thursday’s tragic incident “.

READ ALSO:   2021 BET Awards: Burna Boy Makes History!!!!!

During the donation the Western Regional Health Director, Dr. Yaw Ofori Yeboah passionately appealed to other organizations to support the Western Region Health Directorate to enable them care for victims who were seriously injured during Thursday’s explosion.

Dr. Ofori Yeboah said the health directorate is working assiduously in making sure that the various health facilities where the victims were taken to, are on top of administering the best medical care for them.

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 190k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Ghana News Articles

‘Enti Bibiini B3 Y3 D3en W) Wiase?’ – Netizans Reacts To Viral Video Of Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ (Watch)

Published

on

'Enti Bibiini B3 Y3 D3en W) Wiase?' - Netizans Reacts To Viral Video Of Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ

Netizans have reacted to a viral video of a 45-yr old man claiming to be Jesus Christ.

The man whose name is unknown claimed to be the Christ who has returned to earth.

In the viral video sighted by GhArticles.com, the man claimed to have the power to perform outstanding miracles Jesus perform in the days of John the Baptist.

He also claimed to be the same ‘Christ’ worshipped by Christians in over 2000 years. In the video, the self acclaimed Jesus Christ claimed not to know the kind of power bestowed upon him in his early days on earth and recently realised the power in his second return.

READ ALSO:   2021 BET Awards: Burna Boy Makes History!!!!!

The self-acclaimed Jesus Christ has been accused of wanting fame and wanting the feel of being on Television.

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 190k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending