The bizarre incident occurred in the early hours of Thursday, January 27, 2022.

Initial reports by eyewitnesses indicated Kwadwo Obeng was deeply asleep when the fire engulfed the kiosk accommodating him at Area Four, a suburb of Sunyani.

Reports by Adom news explained that the fire had assumed a dangerous dimension when some people in the neighbourhood attempted to rescue him.

Another eye witness also explained  that the personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) had already picked and deposited the charred body at a hospital morgue.