Connect with us

Gh News

School Placement For JHS Set To Commence On Nov. 29 – GES

Published

on

School Placement For JHS Set To Commence On Nov. 29 - GES

The Ghana Education Service (GES) says this year’s computerised school selection for Junior High School (JHS) graduates will commence on November 29, nationwide.

A statement, signed by the Head of Public Relations Unit of the GES, Cassandra Twum Ampofo, said the exercise will end on December 14, 2021.

Ahead of the selection, a public sensitisation on the guidelines that will be adopted for the school selection will be conducted across all regional and district education directorates.

THIS IS TRENDING:   Asem ,Says kuami Eugene Deserves The VGMA Artiste Of The Year Award (Video)

“Management wishes to inform all stakeholders to watch out for infographics, short videos in nine Ghanaian languages, fliers and physical presence of officers in all districts, communities and schools to embark on the sensitisation drive,” part of the release said.

Parents and guardians have been advised to take a keen interest in the selection of school processes to ensure a smooth placement for their wards this year.

Before an actual placement will be done, an opportunity will be given for candidates to text to a short code and confirm their school choices.

THIS IS TRENDING:   South Africa Declines To Host Afghan Refugees

“Details of the shortcode will be made available in due course,” the release added.

School Placement For JHS Set To Commence On Nov. 29 - GES

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 150k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Gh News

Marwako Food Poisoning: Authority Has No Mandate To Demand Compensation For Victims – FDA

Published

on

Marwako Food Poisoning: Authority Has No Mandate To Demand Compensation For Victims - FDA

Food and Drugs Authority (FDA)’s Director of Legal says they cannot demand compensation for victims of the alleged food poisoning at Marwako’s East Legon branch.

Joseph Bennie said the Authority has no mandate to pressure for amends in cash from the eatery to the affected persons.

In an interview with YEN.com.gh, monitored by GhArticles.com, Bennie said the FDA can carry out sanctions in the form of ”a ban, fine, caution, or prosecution” in such cases.

The Acting Director’s comments come amid widespread reports of food poisoning at Marwako’s East Legon branch on social media, leading to the closure of the restaurant.

He said the closure of the eatery was to prevent an escalation of reported cases of food poisoning.

THIS IS TRENDING:   Actress Juliet Ibrahim Display Thighs, Waist Beads In Juicy Bikini Photo

Speaking on the investigations, Joseph Bennie said the FDA is yet to establish the cause of the food poisoning. ”Investigations will conclude in not less than a week or more,” he told YEN.comgh, sighted by GhArticles.com.

As previously reported that the management of Marwako has appealed to the FDA to open other branches closed down following complaints of food poisoning at its East Legon branch.

PRO for Marwako Fast Food Ltd, Mohammed Amin Lamptey, said while the popular food business accepts the decision of the FDA, the industry regulator, it is only fair for the affected branch to be shut down.

THIS IS TRENDING:   Rawlings Wanted Us to Run Away And Get Married But I refused - Nana Konadu Reveals

”The FDA shut down of our branches is quite unfortunate and it is really something that is going to create another problem for Mawako Fast Foods Limited. In as much as we all know that it is an isolated case…we thought that the FDA will focus on the East Legon branch,” Lamptey told reporters on Thursday, May 12, 2022.

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 201k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Gh News

Reduce 1.5% E-levy Rate — ISSER To Gov’t

Published

on

E-levy Proceeds Will Create Jobs For Over 11 Million People - Ofori-Atta

The Institute of Statistical Social and Economic Research (ISSER) wants the government to reduce the rate of the controversial electronic transfer levy.

According to ISSER, the government must consider a downward adjustment between 0.5% and 0.75% adding that the 1.5% on all electronic transfers is punitive.

The Director of the institute, Professor Peter Quartey, speaking on the topic: “Harnessing stakeholder engagement and feedback for research impact” at the 2022 ISSER Road Show at the University of Education, Winneba (UEW) said with the current 1.5% rate, the government’s goal of mobilizing about GH¢4.1 billion would be missed as more people would avoid using the platform but instead use alternative methods to avoid paying the tax.

THIS IS TRENDING:   All You Need To Know Know About The Newly Appointed Prosecutor; Kissi Agyebeng

He stated that “The 1.5% E-transaction levy rate is punitive and should be revised downwards to between 0.5% and 0.75% to allow more people to use the service and avoid eroding the gains made in digital financial inclusion.”

The E-levy was introduced by the government in the 2022 Budget for basic transactions related to digital payments and electronic platform transactions.

The levy has sparked controversy because of its impact on mobile money transactions and the impoverished Ghanaians that use it.

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 201k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Gh News

Heavy Downpour Leaves Some Parts Of Accra Flooded Again

Published

on

Heavy Downpour Leaves Some Parts Of Accra Flooded Again

Some parts of Accra got flooded Saturday morning following a brief downpour.

Areas such as Kaneshie First Light, Abbosey Okai and Adabraka Sahara, Dansoman, and Odorkor were affected by the floods.

The situation resulted in heavy vehicular traffic in different parts of Accra.

Motorists were left with no choice but to abandon their vehicles after their cars and motorbikes got choked in the floods.

Ghanaians have as usual expressed their anger and lamented at how a little rainfall causes floods.

Some Ghanaians who were affected by the floods quickly took to social media to lament the situation.

The video below shows the floods on the main Kaneshie highway in front of the market.

Watch the video below:

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 201k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

THIS IS TRENDING:   Actress Juliet Ibrahim Display Thighs, Waist Beads In Juicy Bikini Photo

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending