Connect with us

World Sports

Ronaldo Leaves Juventus Training After Saying Goodbye Amid Man City Talks – REPORT

Published

on

Ronaldo Leaves Juventus Training After Saying Goodbye Amid Man City Talks

Cristiano Ronaldo has said his goodbye to his Juventus teammates and will miss training on Friday as he nears an exit from the club.

The 36-year-old spent an hour and a half at Juve’s Continassa training ground on Friday morning to empty his locker and bid farewell to the squad before they took to the pitch for a training session.

Manchester City are in talks to sign the 36-year-old after Sky in Italy reported his agent Jorge Mendes told Juventus on Thursday night he no longer wants to play for the club.

Ronaldo is in the final year of his contract in Turin and the Italian giants are asking any suitor to pay a €25m (£21.3m) transfer fee, which could be a major stumbling block along with his £500,000-per-week wages at the Allianz Stadium.

Juventus are yet to receive an official bid for Ronaldo. There is still some way to go before a deal can be concluded and time is tight to complete a deal before Tuesday’s transfer window deadline.

Sky in Italy is reporting City are willing to offer Ronaldo a two-year contract, with a salary of £12.8m-per-season (€15m).

READ ALSO:   Let’s Make It Happen Once Again - Check Out Ronaldo's First Message To Man United Fans After Signing

He was not in City’s plans this summer but he is an option they are considering after the Premier League champions missed out on signing England captain Harry Kane from Tottenham.

Ronaldo was a surprise omission from Juve’s starting 11 in their 2-2 draw at Udinese on Sunday and he came off the bench to score a 94th-minute winner which was ruled out by VAR for a marginal offside.

The 36-year-old wants to carry on playing at the highest level for as long as possible, but not everyone at City is convinced the former Manchester United player is what they need.

Ronaldo joined Juventus from Real Madrid in 2018 for a fee in the region of £105m and he has scored 101 goals in 134 games for the club, helping them to two Serie A titles, one Coppa Italia crown and two Italian Super Cups.

Juventus, who want to sell Ronaldo before his contract expires next summer, are in advanced talks to sign Moise Kean from Everton, who scored 17 goals in 41 games while on loan at Paris-Saint Germain last season.

Source: GhArticles.com

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World Sports

Ralf Rangnick Set To Become Manchester United Caretaker Coach

Published

on

Ralf Rangnick Set To Become Manchester United Caretaker Coach

Ralf Rangnick is close to finalising a deal to become Manchester United interim manager until the end of the season.

Discussions are ongoing over a deal that would also see Rangnick remain at the club for two years beyond the end of the season in a consultancy role.

Ralf Rangnick, 63, is one of the most respected names in German football and is currently manager of sports and development for Lokomotiv Moscow.

United remain in talks with the Russian club over an agreement to release him.

As it stands, Michael Carrick is still expected to be in charge for Sunday’s Premier League game at Chelsea, live on Sky Sports.

 

READ ALSO:   Let’s Make It Happen Once Again - Check Out Ronaldo's First Message To Man United Fans After Signing

Carrick has been placed in temporary charge while United conduct a thorough process to appoint an interim boss following the sacking of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last week.

Former Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde and former Lyon head coach Rudi Garcia had also been considered for the interim role.

United are planning to make a permanent appointment at the end of the season and Paris Saint-Germain boss Mauricio Pochettino is their first choice, with Ajax head coach Erik ten Hag also in their thinking.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

World Sports

Ronaldinho Faces Jail Again!

Published

on

Ronaldinho faces jail again!

Former Barcelona and AC Milan star Ronaldinho has been warned he could be hauled back to jail over a maintenance payment dispute with a former girlfriend.

Reports in Brazil say the 41-year-old has been ordered to settle his debt with Priscilla Coelho by December 1 to avoid the seizure of his assets and possible prison.

Priscilla’s lawyer Bruno Medrado told Brazilian newspaper Extra: ‘Right now he has to pay up.’

Officials are said to have handed Ronaldinho a court summons so he could be formally notified about the maintenance payment deadline on November 11 after several failed attempts to track him down.

The former footballer, arrested and imprisoned in Paraguay last year after flying into the country with a fake passport, is currently believed to be in Dubai.

In May 2018 Ronaldinho was forced to deny claims he was marrying Priscilla and another woman, named as Beatriz Sousa, at the same time.

He spoke out after a Brazilian newspaper said he would tie the knot with the stunning pair at a private ceremony at the upmarket Barra da Tijuca district in Rio de Janeiro where he owns a home.

Coelho is understood to have been awarded around £13,500 in maintenance a month after arbitration as the Brazil legend's 'common-law wife'

The two-time World Player of the Year said at the time: ‘It’s a huge lie. Everyone’s talking about this but it’s not true. I’m not going to get married.’

Around a year later it emerged Priscilla, said to have started dating Ronaldinho when he played for Belo Horizonte club Atletico Mineiro, was demanding money from her multi-millionaire ex.

She is understood to have been awarded around £13,500 in maintenance a month following arbitration as the retired player’s former ‘common-law wife’ in a provisional decision which can be appealed while the first payments are made.

READ ALSO:   Raphael Dwamena: Latest On Ghanaian Player Who Collapsed During Match

Ronaldinho and his brother Roberto de Assis Moreira flew back to Brazil at the end of August last year after a forced stay of nearly six months in Paraguay.

Their return to Brazil came 24 hours after they were told they would not be put on trial over a fake passport scandal when their lawyer struck a deal with state prosecutors which was rubber-stamped by a judge.

Roberto was freed with a criminal record after pleading guilty to using a false document and being given a suspended prison sentence.

The siblings were ordered to pay around £153,000 in compensation, with Ronaldinho having to pay £68,000 of the total and his brother the rest.

Ronaldinho and his brother were arrested on March 6 last year after entering Paraguay to launch an online casino and a book with doctored passports falsely showing they were naturalised Paraguayan citizens. The passports had been issued to two women before being modified.

The former footballer spent his 40th birthday in prison before he and his brother were allowed to move to the four-star Palmaroga Hotel in the Paraguayan capital as part of a house arrest deal.

His net worth has been estimated at more than £67million thanks to his career earnings and a number of high brand paying endorsement deals.

He was pictured enjoying an emotional reunion with former Barcelona team-mate Samuel Eto’o at the weekend at an event in Qatar.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com/Dailymail

Continue Reading

World Sports

Malawi ‘Begs’ Mike Tyson To Be Its Cannabis Ambassador

Published

on

Malawi 'Begs' Mike Tyson To Be Its Cannabis Ambassador

Malawi’s agriculture ministry has written to former world heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson to be the ambassador for the country’s cannabis.

Minister Lobin Lowe said the legalisation of cannabis last year in Malawi had created opportunities locally and internationally.

The ministry said the United States Cannabis Association was facilitating the deal with Tyson.

“Malawi may not go it alone as the industry is complex requiring collaboration. I would therefore like to appoint you, Mr Mike Tyson, as Malawi’s Cannabis Branch ambassador,” Mr Lowe wrote.

READ ALSO:   Ballon d'Or 2021 Nominees: Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski & Jorginho All On List For Award

Mike Tyson is also an entrepreneur and has invested in a cannabis farm.

Local media reported that Tyson was expected in Malawi last week but his visit was postponed.

Malawian cannabis, particularly the strain known as Malawi Gold, is considered by recreational smokers as one of the finest.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending