Connect with us

News

My Parents Forced Me To Go To school – 15-year-old Student Behind Accra Academy Fires Speaks

Published

on

The student of Accra Academy alleged to be behind the fires at the secondary school has shared his motivation.

On Monday, July 12, 2021, it was reported that the 15-year old had been identified as the brain behind all the fire outbreaks in the school.

READ ALSO: Tema Motorway Accident: Attendant Feared Dead As Tipper-truck Crashes Into Toll-booth (Watch)

During a meeting with members of the committee investigating the fires, he is said to have stated that he started the fires because he was in school against his will, and wanted a way out, per a Daily Graphic report.

The unnamed second-year student added that his other motivation for starting the fires was because he wanted to be a day student instead of his current situation of living on campus as a boarding student.

He also accepted responsibility for the other fires that led to a loss in the region of millions of Ghana cedis.

READ ALSO:   Shocking: Man Bites Snake Till It Dies

The student shared that he set fire to the dormitory at a time when his colleagues were busy studying with petrol he bought from a fuel station close to the school.

On January 15, 2020, it was reported that fire had gutted two halls of residence, the Alema and Halm-Addo halls in Accra Academy.

READ ALSO: Unquenchable Fire Destroys Makola Market, Many Shops Destroyed – DETAILS

It was unclear what exactly caused the fire since the accident reportedly occurred at about 7 pm when all students were at Preps.

There were no casualties recorded, however, the personal effects of students residing in the two halls were all consumed by the fire.

Exactly 14 days after the fire incident was recorded, another fire occurred in the Alema hall.

Source: GhanaArticles.com

News

Thousands Ghanaian Youth Storm El-Wak Stadium For Medical Screening Ahead of Army Recruitment [Photos]

Published

on

Thousands Ghanaian Youth Storm El-Wak Stadium For Medical Screening Ahead of Army Recruitment [Photos]

Thousands of Ghanaians on Monday, July 19 thronged the El Wak Sports Stadium in Accra to participate in the documentation and medical screening process for recruitment into the Ghana Army.

These people, according to the Commanding Officer for the 5th Infantry Battalion, Lieutenant Colonel Prince Tandoh, include Senior High School graduates, and degree and diploma holders.

READ ALSO: 11,840 NABCO Personnel To Be Permanent Workers At Ministries, Police And Military Effective August 1

READ ALSO:   New Chelsea star Hakim Ziyech enjoys first meal in London at lavish Mayfair restaurant

The screening process, which began as early as 7 am on Monday, will end on Saturday, July 24, 2021.

Some applicants had been at the stadium as early as 5:00 am.

The Army is looking at recruiting about 1,000 persons who will take an aptitude test as the next stage for recruitment.

Thousands Ghanaian Youth Storm El-Wak Stadium For Medical Screening Ahead of Army Recruitment [Photos]

Thousands Ghanaian Youth Storm El-Wak Stadium For Medical Screening Ahead of Army Recruitment [Photos]

Lt Col. Tandoh said the military had done their best to adhere to coronavirus safety protocols.

“Only those with print out forms will be allowed to come in, and you can also see we have sanitisers and veronica buckets around, so we are doing our best to maintain the protocols.”

Some persons who took part in the process say, although it has been stressful, they are hopeful of being among the few who will be recruited.

READ ALSO: Bird Flu Outbreak Hits Ghana; Greater Accra, Central And Western Regions Greatly Affected

“As I entered, I felt pressure because the people here were too many. I did not even expect to finish early,” one of the applicants said.

Swipe for more details;

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Ghana Articles 🇬🇭 (@gharticles)

Source: GhanaArticles.com/citinewsroom

Continue Reading

News

Good News Hits Groupe Nduom After Gold Coast Securities Wins GH¢174m Judgment

Published

on

The Commercial Division of an Accra High Court On Thursday 15, July 2021, presided over by Justice Shiela Minta ordered Health Network Company (Healthnet) to pay GH¢174 million to the Ghana Growth Fund Company/Gold Coast Advisors, a Groupe Nduom Company.

The High Court also awarded a cost of GH¢50,000 to the lawyer of the Plaintiffs.

READ ALSO: Govt Announces Tuesday, July 20 As Public Holiday

This is the first of a number of court cases pending before the law courts, that were initiated by Groupe Nduom companies.

They involve private sector companies, government agencies and regulators.

Groupe Nduom in a statement said it believes that when all is said and done, the allegations of wrongdoing made against specific Groupe Nduom companies and shareholders will be put to rest.

READ ALSO:   The Old Shall Grow: Shocking Old Pictures Of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Patoranking And Reggie Rockstone Drops

This particular suit, it explained, was started by Writ of Summons and Statement of Claim issued at the Registry of High Court, Accra, Commercial Division dated 11th October 2019.

READ ALSO: 11,840 NABCO Personnel To Be Permanent Workers At Ministries, Police And Military Effective August 1

After failed attempts to get all the four defendants to be served in the ordinary manner prescribed by the Court rules, an application was brought before the court for substituted service to enable the plaintiff to serve the defendants by substitution which application was granted.

Source: Ghanaarticles.com

Continue Reading

News

Govt Announces Tuesday, July 20 As Public Holiday

Published

on

The government, through the Interior Ministry, has declared Tuesday, July 20, 2021, as a public holiday as Muslims celebrate their annual Eid-ul-Adha.

This was announced in a statement issued by the sector Minister, Ambrose Dery.

READ ALSO: 11,840 NABCO Personnel To Be Permanent Workers At Ministries, Police And Military Effective August 1

“The general public is hereby informed that Tuesday, 20th July 2021, which marks Eid-ul-Adha, is a statutory public holiday and should be observed as such throughout the country,” the statement read.

Eid-ul-Adha is an Islamic festival to commemorate the willingness of Ibrahim, also known as Abraham, to follow Allah’s (God’s) command to sacrifice his son.

READ ALSO:   Nana Ama MCBrown Donates $90,000 Dollars Worth of Two Ambulances to Ghana's First Govt Hospital (video)

Muslims across the world started this year’s month-long fasting on April 13, to mark the eighth month of the Islamic calendar.

The festival is commemorated by offering special prayers and slaughtering livestock, usually a goat, sheep, or a cow.

READ ALSO: Bird Flu Outbreak Hits Ghana; Greater Accra, Central And Western Regions Greatly Affected

The National Chief Imam, Sheikh Dr Osman Nuhu Sharubutu, has announced that this year’s national Eid-ul Adha prayers will be marked inside the new Mosque Complex at Kawkudi on the Kanda highway in strict adherence to the covid-19 safety protocols.

Read the full statement below:

Source: GhanaArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending