Connect with us

Ghana Sports

GFA Suspends Super League Competition Indefinitely

Published

on

GFA Suspends Super League Competition Indefinitely

The Ghana Football Association(GFA), has suspended its planned Super League Competition indefinitely following a meeting with Division One League Clubs on Friday, JoySports can report.

The football governing body has also cancelled officiating fees which were to be paid by the clubs and offered to give each club GHC 5,000 from the juvenile football sponsorship money from KGL.

According to sources, the planned Extraordinary Congress slated for December 21 at the Baba Yara stadium was mentioned during the meeting, with the GFA leadership requesting two weeks to conclude consultations with world football governing body, FIFA on the suggested articles in the statutes to be amended.

It is unclear why the Extraordinary Congress came up for discussion as the letter from the FA inviting the 48 division one league clubs said the meeting was to discuss the new football pyramid and how it will be funded.

READ ALSO:   Three Helicopters For Police In November; 10,000 CCTV Cameras Installed - President Akufo-Addo

But it appears the leadership of the football association made concessions in their bid to have some members review their intent for the congress.

According to some Intel picked by JoySports, some members have developed cold feet towards the congress next week, but efforts are being made to have every member grace the assembly as Friday’s meeting could not resolve some matters that require legal backing.

Conveners of the resolution of the extraordinary congress will meet to decide the next plan as they seek to review parts of the statutes put together by the now-defunct Normalisation Committee.

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 180k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Ghana Sports

Mohammed Salisu Agrees To Play In Ghana Vrs Nigeria Play-Off – Uncle Reveals

Published

on

Mohammed Salisu Agrees To Play In Ghana Vrs Nigeria Play-Off - Uncle Reveals

The Black Stars are set for a crucial play-off game against West African rivals Nigeria, as both teams aim to qualify for the tournament in Qatar.

Having suffered a disappointing group-stage exit at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, the Ghana FA is on the lookout to beef the squad with the best talents available.

So far all attempts to get Salisu to play for the Black Stars have proved futile, with the center-back rejecting a call-up to feature at the AFCON in Cameroon.

Speaking on the subject, the player’s uncle said he has informed the family of his decision to finally play for the national team.

“He cleared the air about his absence in the AFCON but assured of availability for the World Cup qualifiers.”

This comes after football administrator Alhaji Karim Grunsah disclosed that Salisu asked him to “stay away” when he tried to convince the defender to play for Ghana.

According to the King Faisal FC owner, he was tasked by the Black Stars management committee chairman to persuade the center-back but his attempts failed.

Salisu is currently one of the best young players in Europe, having made an impressive start to the season at Southampton.

He has taken the Premier League by storm after starring in matches against Manchester United, Arsenal and recently Manchester City.

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 190k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Continue Reading

Ghana Sports

AFCON 2021: ‘Government Did ot spend $25 million on Black Stars’ – Sports Minister

Published

on

AFCON 2021: ‘Government Did ot spend $25 million on Black Stars’ – Sports Minister
The Minister for Youth and Sports, Mustapha Ussif is keen to set the records straight that the Black Stars did not spend $25m at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations.

There have been widespread reports claiming the government squandered the aforementioned cash on the football outfit at the 33rd edition of the AFCON in Cameroon.

The speculation has left many heavily criticising the Black Stars as the playing body is seen as money-oriented.

Ussif was quick to put an end to the perception when given the opportunity in Parliament on Wednesday.

“The $25m was a fundraising drive to raise an amount to be able to support various sporting events. It is not the amount given to the Black Stars for the AFCON campaign”, Mustapha Ussif clarified.

READ ALSO:   Video Of Priest Kissing Female Students 'Passionately' On Pulpit Pops Online; Social Media React

“Out of the fundraising drive seeking corporate support to support our national teams, the ministry has been able to realize $2m out of the said target of $25m and I want to use this opportunity to set the records straight”, the legislator explained.

Ghana exited the 2021 continental showpiece in an embarrassing manner with one point from a possible nine – the worst campaign in the country’s football history.

The disappointing showing has led to the dismissal of Milovan Rajevac as Black Stars’ head coach and the dissolution of the Management Committee.

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 190k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

 

 

Continue Reading

Ghana Sports

Milovan Rajevac Refuses $270,000 Compensation

Published

on

JUST IN: Milovan Rajevac Sacked!!

Milovan was sacked after the abysmal performance of Ghana at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Cameroon.

The Ministry of Youth and Sports ordered the GFA to review the work and capacity of the Black Stars head coach.

The Minister for Youth and Sports Mustapha Ussif in a statement also ordered the FA to reconstitute the Black Stars Management Committee.

He said the country has lost confidence in the team and questioned the capacity of the coach.

“The Ministry made it clear to the GFA that the people of Ghana have lost confidence in the capacity of the current technical team of the Black Stars to deliver success. The Ministry, therefore, asked the GFA to review the work and capacity of the Black Stars technical team led by the head coach Milovan Rajevac,” the Minister said in a statement.

READ ALSO:   Chief Inspector: Medikal Inspects Fella Makafui's Huge Backside In New Video; Okyeame Kwame, Others React

He also ordered the GFA to dissolve the Black Stars Management Committee.

Classfmonline reported that Milovan Rajevac has refused his $270,000 cash.

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 190k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending