Connect with us

Gh News

COVID-19: Ghana’s Death Toll Hits 819

Published

on

COVID-19: Ghana's Death Toll Hits 819

The Ghana Health Service (GHS) has confirmed that one more life has been lost in the fight against the COVID-19.

As of July 19, 2021, the total number of deaths reported stood at 819.

The Service in its latest update also revealed that Ghana’s active cases have reduced although the figure recorded remains high.

READ ALSO: Rebecca Akufo-Addo Builds 150-Seater Waiting Area For Korle-Bu Hospital

A total of 3,560 active cases have been recorded in 15 out of 16 regions. The Upper West is the only region without an active case.

A total of 26 out of these cases are said to be severe with 15 others in critical condition.

COVID-19.

READ ALSO:   Ex-President Jacob Zuma Rushed To Hospital

Data from the Kotoka International Airport also revealed that 1,895 out of 2,062 returnees who tested positive for the virus have recovered.

This brings the total number of confirmed cases to 100,250. Out of this figure, 95,871 persons have recovered and have been discharged from various health facilities.

On July 18, the Ghana Health Service reported 818 deaths with a total of 3,618 actives cases being recorded. Some 240 new cases were also recorded.

READ ALSO: 37 Military Hospital Fined GHS1,075,000

Meanwhile, the Greater Accra Region remains the largest hotspot for Covid-19 infection. The region alone accounted for 1,860 active cases as of July 19.

Fig 14

Source: GhArticles.com 

Gh News

Parents Of KNUST Students Rush To Evacuate Wards After Regional Minister’s Directive

Published

on

Parents Of KNUST Students Rush To Evacuate Wards After Regional Minister's Directive

Some parents and guardians on Saturday reported to the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) to pick up their wards, following an order from the Ashanti Regional Security Council for students to vacate campus right after their end of semester exams.

Violence Hits KNUST: Conti & Katanga Clash Over SRC Elections

KNUST

The parents who were seen at the school’s campus on Saturday morning said they were worried after the order was given earlier this week.

Parents Of KNUST Students Rush To Evacuate Wards After Regional Minister's Directive

Parents Of KNUST Students Rush To Evacuate Wards After Regional Minister’s Directive

The Ashanti Regional Coordinating Council directed students of the school, with the exception of foreign students and those granted permission by management, to vacate the school premises by midday on Friday, September 17, 2021.

According to the Security Council, it has picked up intelligence that some groups of unruly students are planning some disturbances on campus on the eve of vacation hence the directive.

A statement signed by the Ashanti Regional Minister, Simon Osei-Mensah noted that security personnel will be visibly stationed on the university campus to ensure peace and security and prevent any unruly behaviour by any group of students.

Some of the parents called for permanent solutions to the issue of student group rivalries.

“We heard that some students want to demonstrate after their exams. We panicked about the news, so we called our ward, and he said everything was calm and that we should pick him on Saturday… About this Katanga and other hall issues, we have to call them and settle the matter once and for all because it happens all the time,” a parent said.

Another parent said he was surprised that such rivalry continues to exist on campus.

“I’ve learnt that they have to leave by a certain time as a result of the security situation. I have heard about the rivalry between the halls here and the last time, some people were injured. I was wondering why it should be repeated at this time. I was very worried,” he said.

 

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 150k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

 

 

 

Source: GhArticles.com

 

READ ALSO:   #5CedisCanSave: President Akuffo-Addo Donates GH15m To Bill Surgery For Conjoined Twins
Continue Reading

Gh News

‘Apor’ Gone Wrong: Man Arrested For Allegedly Leaking WASSCE Papers

Published

on

WASSCE Candidate Delivers In Exams Hall, Returns To Complete Paper

Operatives of the National Security have arrested one Gideon Darko, who is reported to be behind the rogue website, Jerusalema, which is purported to be leaking question papers in the ongoing West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).

The suspect was arrested on Friday at his hideout in Kasoa in the Central Region.

Last week, WAEC announced that it had rescheduled two papers after detecting a possible leakage of the questions on social media and on “rogue” websites prior to the exams that was due last Wednesday.

“The cheating social media groups were in full swing prior to the conduct of the mathematics and the English language papers on 9th and 13th September,” the Head of the Council’s Test Administration Division, George Ohene-Mantey, said.

The Head of Legal at WAEC, Reverend Victor Brew, revealed that his outfit is working with all relevant agencies to ensure that the suspect faces the law.

READ ALSO:   Hearts of Oak Unveil New Kits For 2021/22 Season

“There is this gentleman called Gideon Darko who was arrested at Kasoa on Friday, September 17, 2021. We have actually been doing some surveillance underground which led to his arrest.”

“This actually is not the first time because when the examinations start, this “Apor” thing is a whole big thing around the country but we set our intelligence in motion right from the start and it led to his arrest”.

Meanwhile, WAEChas announced new dates for writing the Physics and Business Management papers which were postponed.

WAEC in a statement said the Physics exam will be taken on Friday, October 1, 2021, while the Business Management exam will be written on October 7, 2021 at 8.30am and 1:00pm respectively.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 150k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

 

 

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Gh News

BREAKING NEWS : Bad News For Ghana As UK Confirms That It won’t Recognize Vaccinated People From Africa

Published

on

BREAKING NEWS : Bad News For Ghana As UK Confirms That It won't Recognize Vaccinated People From Africa

A UK Aviation analyst and broadcaster, Alex Macheras has confirmed Ghana to be part of unrecognized countries to come into the United Kingdom.

The analyst in a recent tweet revealed that the UK has taken drastic measures to protect itself from the pandemic that is taking the lives of many across the globe.

Alex made clear the continents and countries that have been tagged as ‘unvaccinated. ‘UK government confirm tonight that if a person has been vaccinated in Africa, or South America, or countries including UAE, India, Turkey, Jordan, Thailand, Russia…’, he tweeted.

Throwing more light on the subject, he explained that people from the above-listed continents and countries have to follow the ‘unvaccinated’ rule tho vaccinated. This means that they have to undergo 10 days of home quarantine and also run all necessary tests.

READ ALSO:   Tuesday, September 21, Declared Public Holiday

He further tweeted saying the policy is complicated because most of the countries that have been ‘blacklisted’ from entering the country also administered the ‘exact same’ vaccines as theirs.

 

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 150k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

 

 

 

 

Source: GhArticles.com

 

Continue Reading

Trending