Connect with us

World Sports

Chelsea Dominate UEFA 2021 Awards As Jorginho Named Player Of The Year

Published

on

Chelsea’s Italian midfielder Jorginho has been named Uefa Player of the year beating team-mate N’Golo Kante and Manchester City’s Kevin de Bruyne to the top award.

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel took the men’s coach of the year award after leading the Blues to the Champions League title.

Chelsea is very proud as there were more awards for the club as Ngolo Kante swept the midfielder of the year while goalkeeper Eduoard Mendy claimed the goalkeeper of the year prize after keeping 9 clean sheets from 12 matches.

The other winners were Manchester City’s Ruben Dias and Erling Braut Haaland who won the defender and forward of the year awards respectively.

Below is the list of award winners.

Men’s Uefa awards

Player of the year – Jorginho (Chelsea)

Coach of the year – Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea)

READ ALSO:   iPhone: Apple Planning On Releasing New iPhone Features Using Satellite Technology For Emergency Purposes

Goalkeeper of the year – Edouard Mendy (Chelsea)

Defender of the year – Ruben Dias (Manchester City)

Midfielder of the year – N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)

Forward of the year – Erling Braut Haaland (Borussia Dortmund)

President’s award – Denmark captain Simon Kjaer and the medical team that saved Christian Eriksen’s life at Euro 2020.

Women’s Uefa awards

Player of the year – Alexia Putellas (Barcelona)

Coach of the year – Lluis Cortes (Barcelona)

Goalkeeper of the year – Sandra Panos (Barcelona)

Defender of the year – Irene Paredes (PSG)

Midfielder of the year – Alexia Putellas (Barcelona)

Forward of the year – Jennifer Hermoso (Barcelona)

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 150k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

 

 

Source: GhArticles.com

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo Reacts To Ballon d’Or Lies After Missing The Event

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo Reacts To Ballon d’Or Lies After Missing The Event

Cristiano Ronaldo has released a pointed statement towards Pascal Ferre, the editor-in-chief at France Football magazine, who claimed the Manchester United striker’s only ambition is to end his career with more Ballon d’Or trophies than Lionel Messi, something the Portuguese star has vehemently denied.

Ferre was branded unacceptable by Cristiano, who also claimed the France Football chief was lying in the statements he made, in order to profit from Ronaldo’s name.

Ferre told the New York Times: “Ronaldo has only one ambition, and that is to retire with more Ballon d’Ors than Messi…. And I know that because he has told me.”

Incidentally, Ronaldo was absent from Monday evening’s Ballon d’Or ceremony with the award organised by France Football.

Ronaldo’s statement:

Today’s outcome explains Pascal Ferré’s statements last week, when he stated that I confided in him that my only ambition was to finish my career with more Golden Balls than Lionel Messi. Pascal Ferre lied, he used my name to promote himself and to promote the publication he works for.

It is unacceptable that the person responsible for awarding such a prestigious prize could lie in this way, in absolute disrespect for someone who has always respected France Football and the Ballon d’Or. And he lied again today, justifying my absence from the Gala with an alleged quarantine that has no reason to exist. I always want to congratulate those who win, within the sportsmanship and fair-play that have guided my career since the beginning, and I do it because I’m never against anyone.

READ ALSO:   2022 WCQ: Milovan Rajevac Holds First Black Stars Training At Cape Coast Stadium [Photos]

I always win for myself and for the clubs I represent, I win for myself and for those who love me. I don’t win against anyone. The biggest ambition of my career is to win national and international titles for the clubs I represent and for the national team in my country.

The biggest ambition of my career is to be a good example for all those who are or want to be professional footballers. The biggest ambition of my career is to leave my name written in golden letters in the history of world football.

I will end by saying that my focus is already on Manchester United’s next game and on everything that, together with my teammates and our fans, we can still achieve this season. The rest? The rest is just the rest.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Global Sports

Tiger Woods Announces His Retirement As A Full-Time Golfer

Published

on

Tiger Woods Announces His Time Retirement As A Full-Time Golfer

It’s sad to know that it’s truly the end of an iconic era, as golf legend Tiger Woods has just revealed a heartbreaking announcement that his fans are likely to take pretty hard.

During a recent interview, Tiger Woods officially confirmed that his days as a full-time golfer are now a thing of the past due to the severe injuries he sustained in a car accident earlier this year.

@CNN reports, Tiger Woods recently gave an in-depth interview with ‘Golf Digest’ where he spoke publicly about his Febrile car accident——and revealed that his golfing future is practically a thing of the past. Speaking about his decision to no longer golf full-time, Tiger said “I think something that is realistic is playing the tour one day, never full time, ever again, but pick and choose.”

He continued, adding “Pick and choose a few events a year and you play around that. You practice around that, and you gear yourself up for that. And you play. I think that’s how I’m going to have to play it from now on. It’s an unfortunate reality, but it’s my reality. And I understand it, and I accept it.”

READ ALSO:   Nigerian Football Fetes Ahmed Musa On His 100th Super Eagles Cap

Speaking about the extreme physical toll his car accident had on his body, Tiger Woods also explained the multiple surgeries he has endured this year——and that he still has a long road to full recovery.  “I have so far to go. … I’m not even at the halfway point. I have so much more muscle development and nerve development that I have to do in my leg. At the same time, as you know, I’ve had five back operations. So as the leg gets stronger, sometimes the back may act up. … It’s a tough road.”

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

World Sports

Alexia Putellas Wins Women’s Ballon d’Or 2021

Published

on

Alexia Putellas Wins Women's Ballon d'Or 2021

Barcelona and Spain midfielder Alexia Putellas has won the 2021 women’s Ballon d’Or.

Alexia Putellas was one of five players nominated from the Barcelona team following their first Champions League triumph along with winning the Primera Division title.

She was the highest-scoring midfielder in Europe with 26 goals in all competitions last season.

The 27-year-old was also named UEFA’s Women’s Player of the Year and midfielder of the year.

Barcelona team-mate Jennifer Hermoso was second, with Chelsea forward Sam Kerr third and Arsenal striker Vivianne Miedema fourth.

IN MY OWN WORDS: Alexia Putellas

Speaking through a translator at the Paris ceremony, Putellas said: “I’m very emotional, it’s a very special moment.

“I would like to start by thanking all my team-mates, especially my current [Barcelona] team-mates. For me it’s a collective success.”

READ ALSO:   Kwaw Kese Slumped For Exposing Yaw Tog To Explicit Content

The only previous women’s award winners are Norway striker Ada Hegerberg in 2018 and USA forward Megan Rapinoe in 2019.

The 2020 awards were cancelled because the coronavirus pandemic disrupted the season.

The men’s award followed afterwards with PSG and Argentina forward Lionel Messi winning his seventh Ballon d’Or.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 170k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending