Connect with us

World Showbiz News

Check Out Forbes’ List Of The Most Powerful Women In The World

Published

on

Check Out Forbes' List Of The Most Powerful Women In The World

As 2021 quickly comes to an end, Forbes released their annual list for the most powerful women in the world. The list consists of 100 women from different regions throughout different industries, including some of your favorite celebrities that demonstrate female power.

MacKenzie Scott, the ex-wife of Jeff Bezos came in at the No.1 spot. She was followed by Vice President Kamala Harris, who made history this year by being becoming the first woman, the first Black person, and the first South Asian-American to be sworn in as vice president of the United States. The list follows up with other greats such as Oprah Winfrey, Ava DuVernay, Beyoncé, Rihanna, and Serena Williams.

Maggie McGrath, the editor for Forbes Women said, “All of these women represent the driving thesis behind the compilation of the list: it’s not just enough to have money, or a position of power. A person must be doing something with their fortune, voice or public platform.”

As previously reported by GhArticles.com, Rihanna was recently named a national hero in Barbados. Last month as the island transitioned into a republic and received its first president, Rihanna was present at the ceremony and said, “Prime Minister Mia Mottley thank you so much for honoring me in this way. have traveled the world and received several awards and recognitions but NOTHING, nothing compares to being recognized in the soil that you grew in.”

READ ALSO:   Hurrayy!! Rev. Dr. Ernest Birikorang To Be Installed As New Head Pastor Of Evangel AG - DETAILS
When she’s not making hit records and killing the charts, Beyoncé is finding new ways to add to her philanthropic work. Back in August, Bey and her husband Jay-Z were announced as the faces for Tiffany & Co. ‘s “About Love,” campaign. The following month, it was announced that along with Tiffany & Co., Beyoncé and Jay-Z pledged $2 million in scholarship funding to five historically black colleges and universities.
Ava DuVernay continues to create projects that appeal to various audiences. One of the latest projects she released this year was the Netflix series “Colin in Black & White,” which is based on the life of Colin Kaepernick.
Oprah Winfrey continues to be a staple within the media field, with one of her biggest interviews this year being the sit-down she had with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, as they opened up about life outside of the Royal Family.
Serena Williams has spent the past year giving it her all on and off of the tennis court. Back in October, she teamed up with Michael B. Jordan to give HBCU students the opportunity to win $1 million.
Check out the full list here.

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 180k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

World Showbiz News

Chris Brown Sued $20M Over Alleged Rape Allegation

Published

on

Chris Brown Sued $20M Over Alleged Rape Allegation
Chris Brown has been hit with another sexual assault allegation.

According to TMZ, the 32-year-old artist is accused of raping a woman in late 2020 outside Diddy’s Star Island home.

The plaintiff, identified as Jane Doe, claims she was speaking to a friend via FaceTime when Brown grabbed the phone and told her to come to Miami immediately.

The lawsuit states the woman—who describes herself as a model, choreographer, and musical artist—arrived on the property on December 20, and met Brown on a yacht parked at Diddy’s residence.

Shortly after she boarded the yacht, Brown allegedly asked her if she wanted a drink. The complaint states she accepted the offer and followed the singer into the yacht’s kitchen area, where she was handed a mixed drink.

Jane Doe says she and Brown began talking before she was given a refill; it was at that time, the woman claims to have experienced “a sudden, unexplained change in consciousness.”

The lawsuit alleges the woman became “disoriented, physically unstable, and started to fall in and out of sleep.” Brown then allegedly took her to a bedroom while she was “drugged” and wouldn’t let her leave.

READ ALSO:   Delay Mocks Minalyn And Erica After They Were Impregnated By ZionFelix At The Same Time; Video Drops

Jane Doe says Brown then removed her bathing suit bottom and began kissing her. She claims the artist ignored her pleas to stop and proceeded to rape her.

According to the complaint, Brown then ejaculated inside the woman, stood up, and told her that he was “done.”

Jane Doe says Brown contacted her the following day and demanded her to take Plan B—a morning-after emergency contraception pill.

The woman claims she did as she was told, and never reported the incident to authorities. Her attorneys, Ariel Mitchell and George Vrabeck say their client didn’t go to the police because she was embarrassed.

The woman is seeking $20 million in damages over the emotional stress caused by the alleged attack.

Complex has reached out to a rep for Brown for comment.

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 190k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

 

Continue Reading

World Showbiz News

‘I Stopped A Second Kim Kardashian, Ray J Sex Tape From Leaking’ – Kanye West Brags

Published

on

Kim Kardashian Files To Be Legally Single From Husband Kanye West
Kanye West claims he stopped a second sex tape of Kim Kardashian and Ray J from leaking.

The Yeezy fashion designer told Jason Lee of “Hollywood Unlocked” that, despite his ongoing divorce from Kardashian, he allegedly did her the ultimate favour and got the tape back.

“I went and got the laptop from Ray J myself that night,” West, 44, said during the interview, which was released on Monday. “I met this man at the airport, then got on a red-eye, came back [and] delivered it to her at 8 a.m. in the morning.”

West further claimed that the Skims founder was so relieved at the sight of the laptop that she broke down in tears.

“She cried when she saw it. You know why she cried when she seen it on the laptop? Because it represents how much she’s been used,” the rapper said. “It represents how much people didn’t love her, and they just saw her as a commodity.”

A spokesperson for Kardashian confirmed there was a laptop but denied any existence of explicit content.

“The computer and hard drive collected were supposed to contain the original video and any unseen footage. After review, there was nothing sexual unseen, only footage on the plane on the way to Mexico and footage at a club and restaurant on the same trip,” read the statement.

“Kim remains firm in her belief that there is no new second tape that exists. After 20 years, she truly wishes to move on from this chapter [and] focus instead on the positive things she continues to do as a mother, entrepreneur and advocate for justice reform.”

A source also told Page Six that Kardashian was “very emotional” when her estranged husband returned with the computer and hard drive.

“Kim was and still is truly grateful to Kanye for getting it back,” the insider shared. “The tape caused her a lot of pain and continues to haunt her to this day. Even though they are no longer together as a couple, they remain aligned with the same concerns about how this content that continues to be used against her will affect their four young kids in the future.”

READ ALSO:   Hurrayy!! Rev. Dr. Ernest Birikorang To Be Installed As New Head Pastor Of Evangel AG - DETAILS

Kardashian, 41, rose to fame after her and then-boyfriend Ray J’s sex tape leaked in 2007. Shortly thereafter, she and her family launched “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”

In September 2021, the “One Wish” crooner’s former manager Wack 100 said on a podcast he had “part two” of the infamous sex tape, but the KKW Beauty mogul’s attorney Marty Singer quickly shot down the claims as a desperate attempt for attention.

“The claim that there is an unreleased sex tape is unequivocally false,” Marty Singer told Page Six in a statement at the time.

“It is unfortunate that people make these statements to try and get their 15 minutes of fame.”

Ray J also came out and said the rumour of a second sex tape “ain’t cool.”

“This ain’t cool – I been staying off the Raydar – Just staying focused and being humble and thankful for all the blessings I’m receiving,” Ray wrote in his social-media response. “How can I show growth and maturity if this kinda of stuff keeps happening?”

Wack, who has been spotted with West recently, claimed the second sex tape he allegedly had in his possession was “more graphic and better than” the one that was famously released. In a bizarre twist, Wack allegedly offered it up to Kim’s estranged husband so he could sell it as an NFT.

“I would never give it to anybody but Kanye,” he said. “That’s the mother of his children.”

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 190k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

World Showbiz News

Cardi B Wins Defamation Case Worth $3M

Published

on

Cardi B Wins Defamation Case Worth $3M
A day after a jury ordered YouTuber Tasha K to pay more than $1 million for defaming Cardi B by posting false rumours, the jurors tacked on $1.5 million more in punitive damages on Tuesday (Jan. 25).

They also ordered the blogger to repay the star’s $1.3 million legal bill.

Tasha K, whose real name is Latasha Kebe, and her company are now facing nearly $4 million in penalties after jurors issued a verdict Monday that fully sided with accusations that she waged a “malicious campaign” to hurt Cardi B’s reputation by posting false claims on the internet, including that the star contracted herpes and performed a shocking sex act with a beer bottle.

At the time of publishing, a formal verdict form had not yet been published by the court, but the details of Tuesday’s new damages awards were conveyed to Billboard by Cardi B’s legal team.

Following the proceedings, Kebe’s attorneys told Billboard simply: “We disagree with the verdict and we will be filing an appeal.”

Moving forward, Kebe’s attorneys can challenge the verdicts to the federal district judge overseeing the case. If he upholds the verdict as expected, they can then appeal the outcome to a federal appeals court.

Cardi B, whose real name is Belcalis Almánzar, sued Kebe in 2019 over dozens of videos that contained shocking claims about the rapper.

One video cited in the lawsuit includes a statement that Cardi B “f—ed herself with beer bottles on f—ing stripper stages.” Others said she had contracted herpes; that she had been a prostitute; that she had cheated on her husband; and that she had done hard drugs.

A trial kicked off on January 10 in Georgia federal court, during which both women took the stand. Cardi B testified that she felt “suicidal” in the wake of Kebe’s videos, and said that “only an evil person could do that sh–.”

READ ALSO:   Savage Reply Alert!! Reggie Rockstone Slaps Fan Hard

Kebe initially admitted that she knowingly published lies about the rapper, but she later tried to walk back that statement when examined by her own attorneys.

On Monday, jurors held Kebe legally liable on three separate claims from Cardi B: defamation, invasion of privacy through portrayal in a false light and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

They awarded the $1.25 million in “general” damages, aimed to compensate Cardi B for pain and suffering and/or reputational harm, plus medical costs. Tuesday’s awards dealt with so-called punitive damages, which are reserved only for more egregious bad behaviour.

Jurors ordered Kebe to pay $1 million in such damages and ordered her company Kebe Studios LLC to pay another $500,000. The jury also ordered Kebe to reimburse Cardi B for the money she spent to bring the lawsuit — another remedy typically available only in exceptional circumstances.

They awarded $1,338,753.47, which was the full amount sought by her attorneys.

Combined with a slight retroactive reduction to Monday’s damages total — from $1.25 million down to $1,025,000 — Tuesday’s proceedings brought the total fine against Kebe to $3.82 million.

In a statement issued to Billboard after Tuesday’s proceedings, Cardi B said the victory in court brought her “great happiness,” but also called for more action to address the broader problems of online misinformation and cyberbullying.

“The truth is that the intentional harm that was done to me, is done to countless others every day,” the rapper wrote. “The only difference between me and the high schooler who is being cyberbullied and lied on by their classmates is the money and resources I have access to. We collectively have to say enough is enough.”

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 190k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending