Connect with us

News

46% of Americans Want Dwayne Johnson ‘The Rock’ As Next US President

Published

on

A poll released on Tuesday, April 6, by Piplsay has indicated that 46%, nearly half of the US, would support Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson in a presidential bid.

The renowned actor has hinted at putting his name on the candidate’s list for president in 2024.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: New Twist To Rapper DMX’ Death News As Family Says ‘DMX Is Still Alive’

According to Newsweek, the poll was conducted online among 30, 138 adults in two days and there was no margin of error.

Reacting to the poll, Dwayne went on social media sharing the news and noted it was very humbling.

He hilariously described his character, saying it would be an honour to serve the people of America.

READ ALSO:   Election petition: Jean Mensa To Know Fate On Mounting Witness Box To Be Crossed-examined By Tsatsu Tsikata Today

“I don’t think our founding fathers ever envisioned a six-four, bald, tattooed, half-black, half-Samoan, tequila drinking, pick up truck driving, fanny pack-wearing guy joining their club – but if it ever happens it’d be my honour to serve you, the people,” he wrote.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNfQ2C9ldlv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

His fans also showed their support on the comment section, with others hilariously describing what the White House would look like with him in charge.

READ ALSO: American Rapper, DMX Dies At Age 50 From Heart Attack

Earlier this year, the former wrestler was ecstatic after he was named the world’s most likeable person.

Source: Ghanaarticles.com

Advertisement

Ghana News Articles

Bogoso Explosion: Lands Minister Cautions Perpetrators Of Apiate Explosion Says ‘They’ll Be Punished’

Published

on

Bogoso Explosion: Lands Minister Cautions Perpetrators Of Apiate Explosion Says 'That'll Be Punished'
The Lands Minister, Samuel Abdulai Jinapor, says government will not shield anyone found culpable of negligence leading to the explosion at Apeatse near Bogoso in the Western Region.

According to him, government will ensure it punishes anyone whose negligence may have led to the accident.

“Let’s wait for the outcome of the investigation but if like you say [regulatory failure] turns out that way people have to answer for their commissions and omissions.

“A big if, it’s that straightforward. Because all of us have our respective responsibilities and duties to perform and if at any stage it is found that any one of us hasn’t performed our duties correctly and it occasioned this kind of loss, I believe that the honorable thing to do is for us to pay the ramifications of our action and that I believe will not be difficult to insist on at all,” he said.

The disastrous accident at Apeatse involved a DAF vehicle with registration number WR 2252-18 transporting explosives from the Maxam Company, Tarkwa, to Chirano Gold Mines and a motorcycle.

The Police stated that the rider of the motorcycle from the opposite direction, rode under the vehicle at around 11:25 pmon Thursday.

According to the Police, due to the impact of the crash, the motorcycle caught fire and ignited the explosives on the DAF van. The DAF vehicle, thus burst into flames.

READ ALSO:   'COVID Had The Courage To Challenge Me'- Ibra Tests Positive For COVID-19

Consequently, 13 people are reported to have died with 57 severely injured while nearby buildings of about 500 houses were razed down.

Commenting on the situation, the Lands Minister assured that government is on course to provide relief to the victims of the explosion as well the displaced.

“The focus of government now are in two folds. The first is to provide some relief and I know that NADMO is been working overnight to be able to send some relief to the displaced people and also care for the injured,” he said.

He added that government is also working hand-in-hand with some security agencies and the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources working through the MIneral Division “to assemble the initial facts so we get understand what caused this (explosion), under what circumstances did this accident occur.”

According to him, when the outcome is made known, broader inquiry will be formed to take it up.

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 190k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

World News

British Prime Minister Drops Covid-19 Restrictions Eventhough Omicron Is At It’s Peak

Published

on

British Prime Minister Drops Covid-19 Restrictions Eventhough Omicron Is At It's Peak
Face masks will no longer be mandatory in public places and schools in England and Covid-19 passports will be dropped for large events as infections level off in large parts of the country, British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson said Wednesday.

Johnson told lawmakers that the restrictions were being eased because government scientists believed it was likely that the surge of infections prompted by the highly contagious Omicron variant “has now peaked nationally.”

While hospitals in northern England are still under pressure because of high caseloads, Johnson said hospital admissions and patients in intensive care units elsewhere in England were stabilizing or falling.

The government will no longer advise people to work from home and beginning next Thursday mandatory COVID-19 passes will not be required to gain entry to large-scale events.

Compulsory face masks will be scrapped in classrooms starting Thursday as well, and from next week they will not be legally required anywhere in England.

“We will trust the judgment of the British people and no longer criminalise anyone who chooses not to wear one,” Johnson said.

The restrictions were introduced in December to slow the rapid spread of Omicron variant and buy time for the population to get their booster vaccine shot.

READ ALSO:   Beef Oh Beef: Okesse 1 And Medikal Dirty Themselves On Twitter As Yieyie Rapper Call Him Sellout

Johnson said Wednesday that more than 90 per cent of those over 60 in the U.K. have now had their booster shot. Official figures showed that COVID-19 infections have dropped in most parts of the U.K. for the first time since early December, with 94,432 new positive cases recorded on Tuesday.

The requirement for those infected to self-isolate for five full days remains, but Johnson said that measure will also end in the coming weeks. He said while the self-isolation rule expires on March 24 he will seek to scrap it earlier if the virus data continues to improve.

“As COVID-19 becomes endemic, we will need to replace legal requirements with advice and guidance, urging people with the virus to be careful and considerate of others,” he said.

Britain has the second-worst pandemic death toll in Europe after Russia, with over 153,000 confirmed virus-related deaths.

 

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 190k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

 

 

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

World News

YouTube Star Adalia Rose Passes Away At The Age Of 15

Published

on

YouTube Star Adalia Rose Passes Away At The Age Of 15

Adalia’s family revealed her passing to her millions of fans on Instagram and Facebook in a touching statement.

“January 12,2022 at 7pm Adalia Rose Williams was set free from this world,” the statement read. “She came into it quietly and she left quietly, but her life was far from it. She touched MILLIONS of people and left the biggest imprint on everyone that knew her. She is no longer in pain and is now dancing away to all the music she loves.”

Adalia Rose amassed more than 15 million followers on social media as she documented her journey with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome–a rare genetic disorder that causes children to age eight years for very year they are alive. Diagnosed with the disorder at only 3 months old, Adalia experienced symptoms like delayed development and alopecia.

READ ALSO:   Election 2020: Rev. Kyiri Bosom Looking Depress In a New Photo As He Listens To His 1,2,3 Votes

Despite living with progeria, Adalia found joy in sharing videos about makeup tips, fun times with her family members, and showcasing her great personality.

Many fans and stars, including designer Michael Costello, sent their condolences to Adalia’s family, sharing sweet messages about the impact she had on this world.

“My heart is broken. I received a message at 7pm last night, Adalia Rose Williams was called home to God. I am at a loss for words and cannot stop crying,” Costello, who previously designed a gown for Adalia, said on Instagram. “She was an angel. Despite the card she was dealt with, she had the most positive attitude and such big dreams of helping everyone around her.”

Adalia’s family has not revealed her cause of death at this time. Continue to keep her loved ones in your prayers.

 

 

 

We Will Love You To Join Our Over 180k Members Instagram Family With Just One Click @gharticles

Source: GhArticles.com

Continue Reading

Trending